I have a blue light that wont go away and the thing is not responding . I have left the battery out all night and have tried a restore...seems it's bricked!!!
    How do I do a hard reset on this thing so I can restore?
    06-05-09 07:48 AM
    Do you have your bluetooth on? it causes a blinking blue light
    06-05-09 07:52 AM
    Check your bluetooth settings and make sure nothing is connected or that bluetooth isn't enabled. Go to options>bluetooth.
    06-05-09 07:54 AM
    You said that the phone isn't responding, but you can restore using DM?

Usually a blinking RED light, rather than BLUE (BlueTooth) indicates a bricked phone... Can you provide any other information, such as what you were doing when this started?
    06-05-09 07:55 AM
    To completely do a hard reset, I use JL_Cmder. Works great. I mean try to see if there are other options but if you want to complete re-install your phone, use this link.

How To Wipe With JL_Cdmer
    Rock Star1 likes this.
    06-05-09 07:59 AM
    To completely do a hard reset, I use JL_Cmder. Works great. I mean try to see if there are other options but if you want to complete re-install your phone, use this link.

How To Wipe With JL_Cdmer
    That's not a hard reset. That's a wipe. A hard reset would be wiping all the personal info off and returning it to out of box condition, in which case a Security Wipe would be what you'd use as that only deletes your PIM and 3rd partys apps you've installed, rather then wiping out the installed OS as well.
    06-05-09 08:02 AM
    I turn the phone on and the normal red light is a steady BLUE light...it boots the OS, it allows me to swipe the screen main menu, but no buttons respond. I can't get into any menus at all. I receive emails and txt msg, but can't get into them...It all started yesterday (raining out but phone didn't get wet). I did install the Glass Theme and it was working for two days. I am trying to load the new .148 os now to see if it wipes the device.
    06-05-09 08:19 AM
    That's not a hard reset. That's a wipe. A hard reset would be wiping all the personal info off and returning it to out of box condition, in which case a Security Wipe would be what you'd use as that only deletes your PIM and 3rd partys apps you've installed, rather then wiping out the installed OS as well.
    I stand corrected, lol. It sound right when i wrote it tho... lol. Help me out a little. Why does the phone stay white when wiped? And in what situation would a hard reset be needed?
    06-05-09 08:21 AM
    I turn the phone on and the normal red light is a steady BLUE light...it boots the OS, it allows me to swipe the screen main menu, but no buttons respond. I can't get into any menus at all. I receive emails and txt msg, but can't get into them...It all started yesterday (raining out but phone didn't get wet). I did install the Glass Theme and it was working for two days. I am trying to load the new .148 os now to see if it wipes the device.
    When it boots (red led) hold Menu down and keep holding. It'll trigger a Safe Mode startup. If the device functions fine with this, then it's something you loaded on the device (I'd delete the theme first) and work from there. If it's still messed up even with this startup and an OS reload doesn't fix it, it got wet... even if you think it didn't.
    06-05-09 08:31 AM
    Not even the hard keys respond? Updating the OS, and removing that theme (you can try and re-download/install afterwards, but I've seen themes do some quirky things) when you do might help a bit, update the thread after you've done that. If it doesn't work, then using wiping (using JL if you can't get to the Security menu) might be the next step...

I stand corrected, lol. It sound right when i wrote it tho... lol. Help me out a little. Why does the phone stay white when wiped? And in what situation would a hard reset be needed?
    When you wipe, the device software is no longer there - the phone is just "blank". I'm not sure anything with a BB would be called a "hard reset" as the term was meant before - because that would be more like JL wiping and then installing 4.7.0.75
    06-05-09 08:31 AM
    When you wipe it, there's no OS left on it. It stays on the white 507 screen because that's the basic boot logic screen it stops at if there's no OS for further boot.

Any time you want to erase user settings or loaded apps on the phone, you'd do a Security Wipe.... let's say if you're having an issue and you're suspecting user customization of the device might be causing the problem.
    06-05-09 08:33 AM
    Thanks...After this .148 install I will try the safemode boot. I don't think it is going to work since the light wont away even durning the new install. The hard keys don't work either BTW! Glad I got insurance on the thing!!! Damn Rain!
    06-05-09 08:36 AM
    When you wipe it, there's no OS left on it. It stays on the white 507 screen because that's the basic boot logic screen it stops at if there's no OS for further boot.

Any time you want to erase user settings or loaded apps on the phone, you'd do a Security Wipe.... let's say if you're having an issue and you're suspecting user customization of the device might be causing the problem.
    Okay so wiping the phone is pretty much the Hail Mary of plays if things aren't going right. Right?
    06-05-09 08:43 AM
    Okay so wiping the phone is pretty much the Hail Mary of plays if things aren't going right. Right?
    "Right"

- Battery Pull
    - Safe Mode
    - On-device wipe / restore (if possible)
    - Roll back / forward OS with DM
    - " with Apploader
    - JL Wipe, Apploader -nojvm

Just IMO...
    06-05-09 08:47 AM
    All of the above have failed! The blue light of DEATH! Ya think this was made by Bill Gates!!!! Going to the Verizon store for NEW Phone Now!!! Thanks for the advice !! As always your thoughts are most appreciated!
    06-05-09 08:55 AM
    The only ones i know of are
    battery pull
    Using Apploader to wipe before installation
    JL_Cmder
    06-05-09 09:03 AM
    When it boots (red led) hold Menu down and keep holding. It'll trigger a Safe Mode startup.
    Hold down ESCAPE key not menu.
    06-05-09 09:26 AM

HAHAHAHHAAHA....just got back from Verizon Store with new phone! The Tech at the store words were: "Why is that light BLUE" ahahahaha....
    06-05-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD