Yeah i searched.. but nothing came up for the storm for MY situation..

Latley this one kid wont stop calling me and texting me uncomfortable messages.

and i want to block ONLY his number for sms and phone calls.

and i cant spend any money on an application or anything.. since my dad wont let me..

is there any FREE way to do this?

this kids really creeping me outt..

thankyouu.
    01-19-09 10:43 PM
    Nope...
    no FREE way to do it...
    Welcome to my world...
    I got the same issue...
    I not spending 5 a month... I blocked the voice calls for free.. can't block txt's free....
    01-19-09 10:47 PM
    You can call Verizion and block phone calls, that's all...
    01-19-09 10:49 PM
    How long have you (your dad) been a customer with your phone company? Sometimes a long time customer is able to change the phone number for free. I don't know if that is an option for you or not. But surely your dad would want to help you get this freak off your back in any way he could? Unless you do not want him to know about this. Other than a number change I don't know of another option. If this guy is scaring you then it would be safer to let your dad know. You never know how far something like this could go. Just tell your dad that someone is harrassing you and you don't know how they got your number. Good luck in any case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 10:57 PM
    Just tell him to stop.. trust me. If some chick told me to stop texting her, I would. No guy would pursue that
    01-19-09 10:59 PM
    It's hard to text with casts on both arms!

01-19-09 11:04 PM
    Just tell him to stop.. trust me. If some chick told me to stop texting her, I would. No guy would pursue that
    And if it's a Psycho chick calling and txt'n ? Then what? lol

Cause I'd SURE like to know....
    01-19-09 11:07 PM
    Best bet is to change your number. Or threaten him by telling him you will call the cops lol

01-19-09 11:13 PM
    i cant change my number, because chances are he will * get it from someone else, since we are in the same school..

and ive told him to back off im not interested, and hed stop for an hour, then say he cant help it..

the calls arent that bad, i can easily ignore.. but i dont like him blowing up my inbox with his text messages..
    Last edited by xocuteblondie1x; 01-19-09 at 11:29 PM.
    01-19-09 11:25 PM
    Find him a friend.
    01-19-09 11:39 PM
    involve the authorities...
    01-19-09 11:56 PM
    Ignore it.
    yeah i would definately threaten with the cops... i have had to do this and they didn't listen so i did and she got a call from the cops and they talked to her parents... end result she hated me after that so i didn't have to worry about it anymore
    Get a restraining order that states they cant come near your or contact you in any form.
    01-20-09 12:02 AM
    Get a few older guys to rough him up a bit. Has worked in the past.
    01-20-09 12:31 AM
    Easy. Send him a text telling him that he has been warned. If he texts you one more time you are going to call the police and press charges for harassment. By showing the police the text messages it will be an open and shut case.

01-20-09 05:58 AM

01-20-09 05:59 AM
    i cant change my number, because chances are he will * get it from someone else, since we are in the same school..

and ive told him to back off im not interested, and hed stop for an hour, then say he cant help it..

the calls arent that bad, i can easily ignore.. but i dont like him blowing up my inbox with his text messages..
    I would be concerned about him saying "he can't help it". Tell your dad and get some help...this is not okay.
    01-20-09 06:29 AM
    CuteBlonde, you should have said and I would have stopped! (joke).

In all seriousness Mark has the right idea.

When a girl I dated wouldn't stop texting, I wrote;

Thanks for the txt. I have taken advice from the phone company and they are happy to provide all of my phone logs to the police to charge you with harassment. The next txt I receive from you will result in me calling the phone company to tell them to deliver the logs to the police.
    01-20-09 06:30 AM
    I have mine set to only accept sms from people in my address book. This way is free and lets you decide who can and cannot call you or contact you.

Options -> Security Options -> Firewall

Firewall

Block incoming messages:

[ ] SMS

[ ] MMS

[ ] PIN

[ ] Blackberry Internet Service

[ ] Enterprise Email

Except messages from

[ ] Address Book Contacts

[ ] Specific Addresses
    01-20-09 07:26 AM
    I would defiantly NOT let this go any further! If you want to do it a nice way just tell him your father is going to report him to the police if any more text messages show up from him.

This kid sounds disturbed because he says he cant help it, well what will be the next thing he does he cant help? Get it straightened out before we read about you in the news
    01-20-09 08:20 AM
    I have mine set to only accept sms from people in my address book. This way is free and lets you decide who can and cannot call you or contact you.

Options -> Security Options -> Firewall

Firewall

Block incoming messages:

[ ] SMS

[ ] MMS

[ ] PIN

[ ] Blackberry Internet Service

[ ] Enterprise Email

Except messages from

[ ] Address Book Contacts

[ ] Specific Addresses
    This is an awesome setting that I did not know about. Even though I have no quips with anyone (yet...), its good to know there is this simple option.

Thanks!
    01-20-09 08:39 AM
    Cyber-stalking is a crime...in most states...do not think he will stop, by even responding to him you actually are giving him what he wants...attention from you. This is classic stalker behavior (not to scare you) and you need to get your parents involved!

01-20-09 08:42 AM
    wait so did you actually tell him to stop or are you being passive aggressive?
    01-20-09 08:44 AM
    okay just got out of school so i missed a few posts..
    so heres the update.
    my mom is aware of him, and she said wait a few more days and see if he keeps it up, if thats the case then my best friends dad is a cop, AND a security guard in my school.. and he'll take it from there.

n1ckym.. i would have someone mess around with him older and teach him a lesson, but hes of latino race, me being whitee.. and my schools going through this whole "anti hate crime" thing after some kids in my school murdered someone. so that option is out lmaoo..

markandwendy2005 & Danger_Mouse.. ive tried nicely telling him to back down, and a couple of my friends said theyll even text him and say stuff, but the kids very.. idk he threatened without me he'd kill himself and stuff.. so im trying to be as nice as possible..

xXtRaSaUcE.. that would work, but i didnt transfer all my numbers over, so a lot of times i get text messages from numbers not in my blackberry, so it would vote that option outt =/ ughhh.

bobr68.. it kind of does scare me.. a lot of my girls are like wtf get over it its no big deal.. but the guys are like "get him away hes crazy he'll try something.. " and so there worried for me.

jakeh0.. i am telling him that he should back off and that i am most certainly not interested. i even told him im with someone (obviously a lie) .. and he wont back down.

its crazy when i gotta go to these measures for someone ive never even TALKED to in person (he doesnt say anything in class)

anywayy.. omg i just wish SOMEONE would come out with a free app for the storm to fix this or something.. would be a HUGE LIFE SAVOR for me, and many other peoplee.

btw, thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    Last edited by xocuteblondie1x; 01-20-09 at 01:16 PM.
    01-20-09 01:12 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD