So I am a crackberry 8703 guy. Have been since Verizon got them. And my office in Miami overlooks the Verizon store which is set to open in 3 minutes. And as you could guess, there's about 30 people waiting out front. My question is this - Aren't people concerned about rushing to pick something up that they aren't sure they will like? The reviews have been less than stellar on the Storm. Don't get me wrong, I intend to go play with the floor model after the initial rush has died down later today, and if I like it, I will buy it. Otherwise, will probably get a Bold or *gasp* and Iphone. It just seems like the frenzy has created a bunch of lemings.
    11-21-08 07:00 AM
    It just seems like the frenzy has created a bunch of lemings.
    That's called marketing - and it's an amazing thing.
    11-21-08 07:04 AM
    They have a grace period in which to return or exchange it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 07:05 AM
    They have a grace period in which to return or exchange it.

But, are you then locked in for another two years? The Storm is the ONLY reason why I plan on staying on Verizon.
    11-21-08 07:06 AM
    If the Storm doesn't work out, I will have to wait for something else. I'm not switching to AT&T for a phone. I have had them all, AT&T, before AT&T I had Cingular and before they were Cingular I tried LA Cellular. I came back each time thinking they would be better, but in my area, AT&T is crappy. Tried T-mobile and the coverage just doesn't work with me. I've been happy with Vz other then their phone selection is a little dismal and I wish they would have more WiFi. Never had WiFi, but it seems like something fun but would never be a deal breaker.
    11-21-08 07:06 AM
    You have 30 days to change your mind..I do love vzw for that..
    I believe people are just for the underdog on this one, I know I have personally boycotted all things apple since ITunes wouldn't give me my free song without wanting to install itself in every aspect of my PC, but I have played with an IPhone, really loved the concept.. I'm a full blown BB addict, so this is my Nirvana, (probably not), but i'm also a tech nerd and love this kinda new stuff
    11-21-08 07:08 AM
    If you return it your upgrade eligibility is reset.

i'm not getting one til the price goes down myself. But i don't see the harm in all those who are out buying it now. i think it's great!

Stimulating our economy

11-21-08 07:08 AM
    That's called marketing - and it's an amazing thing.

It does amaze me as well....people worked up, not sleeping....over a simple cell phone...it's that "I gotta have it right now" gene in us I guess
    11-21-08 07:10 AM
    look I'm going to be honest with you guys in the current economy situation we really aren't doing much for Christmas and I currently have 2 phones verizon was able to work with me so I could get the discounted phone drop my iPhone and stay on my favorite network this will be the last gagdet or anything that I will be able to get for a while making sure my niece has presents and my family gets something special from me is way more important and I don't have to lose my web/email gagdet . The economy is struggling right now I'm preparing to take it really easy on the spending for a while. You guys keep me going sometime. Things I could afford a year ago I just can't afford to do now. I'm trying to be real conservative

11-21-08 07:22 AM
    I just used the phone in the store, I put my name in the que to get one and I'm counting on the 30 day return policy. My initial impression is this is no iphone, it is laggy and the OS is clunky, typing is harder than I expected. I'm going to buy it and see if it grows on me, if not I'll just buy myself something else. G1, Bold or iPhone. Sorry VZW, your network is great but I want a great phone FIRST.
    11-21-08 07:41 AM
    So I am a crackberry 8703 guy. Have been since Verizon got them. And my office in Miami overlooks the Verizon store which is set to open in 3 minutes. And as you could guess, there's about 30 people waiting out front. My question is this - Aren't people concerned about rushing to pick something up that they aren't sure they will like? The reviews have been less than stellar on the Storm. Don't get me wrong, I intend to go play with the floor model after the initial rush has died down later today, and if I like it, I will buy it. Otherwise, will probably get a Bold or *gasp* and Iphone. It just seems like the frenzy has created a bunch of lemings.
    My thoughts exactly! And I have an old 7250 - hey don't laugh. It's fast, no lag and I can type on it like a wizard.
    11-21-08 07:46 AM
    My thoughts exactly! And I have an old 7250 - hey don't laugh. It's fast, no lag and I can type on it like a wizard.
    I'm not laughing. The typing thing is the key to the whole PDA right? At least for business. I wonder when either Apple or RIM are going to wise up and create something that has a touch screen the size of the Storm/Ipod upon which you can type and can also slide out in order to type longer emails etc. I have to imagine that the technology is available to allow you to do something like that without it being too big.
    11-21-08 08:01 AM
    Don't gripe about a new product on rollout. This has been stated numerous times on here. Go back to some iphone boards on the rollout day and see the moaning about how it sucked. If you really want the Storm then wait a couple of months. We all know it will be half the price and work a lot better.
    11-21-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD