I have been reading these forums for a couple of months now but I am still not catching on as to what I should be adding to my new Storm that I am picking up on Monday. I have a BB 8703 now and have had it for at least 2 years but have never added an app or anything. I know with the Storm my life is about to change as far as using apps.

So, as Storm owner what are the "must have" or "must do" things for when I get it?

Can we put a sticky up here in the forum for a thread like this? Reviewing apps and how to get them and such? I own two businesses and I just don't have the time to search or read through hundreds of sometimes silly threads to find useful information.

I'm glad I found this forum though as there is tons of great information here. I look forward to contributing in the future.
    12-06-08 12:21 PM
    I have been reading these forums for a couple of months now but I am still not catching on as to what I should be adding to my new Storm that I am picking up on Monday. I have a BB 8703 now and have had it for at least 2 years but have never added an app or anything. I know with the Storm my life is about to change as far as using apps.

So, as Storm owner what are the "must have" or "must do" things for when I get it?

Can we put a sticky up here in the forum for a thread like this? Reviewing apps and how to get them and such? I own two businesses and I just don't have the time to search or read through hundreds of sometimes silly threads to find useful information.

I'm glad I found this forum though as there is tons of great information here. I look forward to contributing in the future.
    See this Thread for Apps. If you check in about 10 minutes I will have 5 new apps listed there as well.
    12-06-08 12:29 PM
    Thank you, sir. Just the type of thing I was looking for.

Now if I can just figure out how to get them on the phone lol!
    12-06-08 12:35 PM
    Email yourself the link to the thread. then just click each app you want from your phone.
    12-06-08 12:39 PM
    does anyone know how to DELETE and get rid of the ( flickr, google talk, yahoo messenger, aol messenger and MSN live messenger ) from the storm. they're not installed but they're still on my screen and they're taking up space.
    12-06-08 12:43 PM
    You can delete the service books, but that wont do you any good as they will just come back the next time your service books are sent to your phone, usually after you do a battery pull.

What most people do, including myself is hide the ones you dont use. to do this select the icon (Dont Click), hit the BB Menu Key, and click hide.
    12-06-08 12:45 PM
    so they dont take extra space just sitting there hidden?
    12-06-08 12:47 PM
    so they dont take extra space just sitting there hidden?
    Very Minimal space. a few KB if anything. They are not actual files, they are just shortcuts to the web to download and install the file. Nothing you should lose your hair over.
    12-06-08 12:50 PM
    thanks alot
    12-06-08 12:51 PM
    dont mention it
    12-06-08 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD