Hey there my fellow bb lovers,
    I am having a moment. I updated my bb-storm yesteday to version 148, and i have had nothing but issues.
    1. when phone is locked the light comes on and phone unlocks itself
    2.apps taking longer to open
    3.screen flip taking longer to swap back and forth
    4.battery life(what batter life?) gone to crap.

what can i do?
    06-11-09 09:01 AM
    Upgrade to the .151/.148/.93 hybrid. I was on .148 and I don't care what anyone says but it blows. I just upgraded to this os and so far it runs nice.
    06-11-09 09:26 AM
    ok.. i will try it.. where can i get it and is it OTA?
    06-11-09 09:35 AM
    No. You should wipe and reload b4 trying any hybrid OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 09:57 AM
    ok...When i do that where do i go to get the hybrid. If you don't wanna post here send PM...

Thanks in advance
    06-11-09 09:59 AM
    I really wish people would stop suggesting hybrids to non-advanced users. They've caused more problems then fixed... issues you aren't even aware of until it's too late.
    06-11-09 10:01 AM
    do not try a hybrid. Just wipe and reload the straight 148 again and see if you fix any problems. keep it simple for now. Links for doing this are stickied in the OS subsection.
    06-11-09 10:02 AM
    Upgrade to the .151/.148/.93 hybrid. I was on .148 and I don't care what anyone says but it blows. I just upgraded to this os and so far it runs nice.
    Part of the reason you experience so many problems is because yoy constantly do upgrades and try hybrids...I have not had ONE single issue since upgrading to .148 and I did it OTA while my battery was charging.
    I went from .75 to .148 and could not ask for anything better. You need to completely wipe your phone and do a clean straight up install of .148

06-11-09 10:22 AM
    How do you wipe your phone, i am a newbie.
    06-11-09 10:55 AM
    Download this and follow instructions

Hxtp://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18

*replace hxtp

06-11-09 11:33 AM
    Before you do ANY of the above mentioned, start with the simple. Did you reset the device after installing the update? The device needs to be reset after upgrade.

I haven't had any major problems with .148. I suggest you stay away from the hybrids unless you are willing to spend a lot of time and energy trying to find the right hybrid for you. The hybrids are nothing more than different parts from different OS releases. They still have the same problems you get on the other OS's...just in different ways. I had bad luck using hybrids and probably won't use them anymore. Too many random reboots and such. .148 is holding stable and working well aside from some minor GUI issues and such.
    06-11-09 01:33 PM
    Hey there my fellow bb lovers,
    I am having a moment. I updated my bb-storm yesteday to version 148, and i have had nothing but issues.
    1. when phone is locked the light comes on and phone unlocks itself
    2.apps taking longer to open
    3.screen flip taking longer to swap back and forth
    4.battery life(what batter life?) gone to crap.

what can i do?
    I had the same problems as you did when I first upgraded to .148. A quickpull reset (or a battery pull) had the device running smooth.
    06-11-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD