Now don't get excited, but I have just plugged my Storm into the PC and loaded the desktop manager... By the way, I have plugged the Storm into the PC every day since I've had it - 7 days and this hasn't happened before...

A new screen popped up after a little while and it says:-

"Updated versions of the applications listed below are available for your device"

In a box below that it says:-

"Blackberry 4.7 Core Applications"
    "Help"

Then obviously the box to "Update now" or Cancel

I clicked the "update now" box and it has downloaded. It then went onto to download "4 modules" (doing it now, and its taking ages....)

Anyone know what these are ? As I say, don't get excited - I am sure I wouldn't be the first to get this, just hasn't happened before....
    11-27-08 03:25 PM
    It will update your platform.
    11-27-08 03:31 PM
    nothin for me
    11-27-08 03:33 PM
    I did that a couple of days ago.... I didn't notice anything different.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 04:41 PM
    I cant wait for my damn storm! I'm coming from a regular phone so its gonna be a treat no matter what.

So can some one explain the differance between a platform and the software version or what ever its called.
    11-27-08 04:55 PM
    OK! I got this update as well, anyways I check and here's what the update installs.

For application cores it updates/installs:
    net_rim_vad_resource_es
    net_rim_vad_engine_resource_es
    net_rim_vad_resource_KO
    net_rim_vad_engine_resource_ko

Dependencies:

Blackberry Fast Predictive input Method Library
    Blackberry ECMAscript Library

For help it installs/updates:

blackberry XML library
    Browser

Dunno what these do, or are for but, better then nothing right? just thought you fellow BBers would like to know what got updated, when plugged up.
    11-27-08 08:50 PM
    Roger that. I've had five updates now of a similar nature that did not alter the OS or platform version numbers. Just some minor modification I figured...
    11-27-08 08:51 PM
    Yeah I figure it's probably just something of that nature. Wonder if anyone could tell us what those actually are.
    11-27-08 08:56 PM
    I did this today as well and it loaded newer versions of google talk and AIM
    11-27-08 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD