Now that ATT is rolling out the Torch, does anybody else think when slingbox releases a version for the Torch that we will finaly have a working full screen slingbox player for the Storm? Touch screen and all....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 11:26 AM
    I sure hope so!! I am not going to hold my breath, though.
    08-03-10 02:13 PM
    I think it will be a long while before there's a slingplayer for OS6. I won't get an OS6 device until they do.
    08-07-10 03:14 PM
    Sling Media gave up on BB development a long time ago. lol
    08-07-10 11:13 PM
    I believe that you are correct. After all, the storm has been out for a very long time, and if the sling people were interested at all in bringing the slingplayer mobile to it, it would have been done already. Very poor support indeed.
    08-12-10 07:49 AM
    I saw the following message on the xslingbox forums from Joe:
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    I was able to get it working on my Torch by copying over the four .cod files (SlingPlayer itself, plus three that start with SPM*) from my Bold 9700 to the Torch. If you try to launch it in portrait mode, you'll get an error that SlingPlayer isn't installed properly. Rotate the screen to landscape and it launches and works fine. Handful of quirks with touchscreen, but for the most part, everything is fine. And once launched, you can rotate back to portrait mode, although the layout is a little odd.

Good luck,

Joe
    __________________________________________________ ________

The sling box web site took down this thread. I guess they weren't happy with their customers knowing this.
    Last edited by garrido707; 08-21-10 at 02:06 PM.
    08-21-10 10:56 AM
    here is another way on getting the sling to work on your Torch until a official client comes out, I just installed it and it worked.

(replace x with an h in xttp) this link to get the Bold Slingplayer 1.0.0.2: xttp://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_bold_EN_US.jad link seems to work for DL with BB browser, but not the tinyurl (does not seem to link anywhere)

Word of warning: DO NOT upgrade to the newer version of Slingplayer 1.0.0.11 when you're prompted - it will not work with Tour and will give you "Slingplayer not properly installed" message. Stick with 1.0.0.2 version until (and if) Slingmedia releases a version of SP that will officially support the Torch.
    08-22-10 02:58 PM
    edm88, thanks very much for that information. I can confirm that it worked fine with my Torch. During the initial setup after setting my username/password in account settings it seemed to hang the Torch. I exited to the main screen, waited a few minutes, and restarted the app. At that point it logged into the account and allowed me to proceed as normal. Not sure if this is just my particular Torch or if this happens during each setup, but if it happens to you don't give up. Ultimately I was working dandy.

Again, most appreciated!

Scott
    Scan New England Webmaster
    09-09-10 11:12 AM
    Your Welcome ScottSNE, Enjoy.
    09-14-10 12:49 PM
    Could someone email me about helping me with my Torch? I'm not an IT person. Need a little help.

Thanks!
    07-12-11 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD