I need some advice everyone, I have the unique opportunity to trade a like new condition Blackberry Curve 8330 for a like new condition Blackberry Storm 9530. I'm a little hesitant because of all of the things that I've heard about the bugs and kinks in the OS for the Storm but I think the Storm is a really cool handset. Is it worth the risk? Is it a risk at all? I'd appreciate your thoughts.....
    02-17-09 10:32 AM
    Depends how much you prize stability.

If you feel it's a risk, it probably is and not worth trading your Curve for.
    02-17-09 10:35 AM
    I need some advice everyone, I have the unique opportunity to trade a like new condition Blackberry Curve 8330 for a like new condition Blackberry Storm 9530. I'm a little hesitant because of all of the things that I've heard about the bugs and kinks in the OS for the Storm but I think the Storm is a really cool handset. Is it worth the risk? Is it a risk at all? I'd appreciate your thoughts.....
    Do you like the reliability and stability of your curve? Do you like the keyboard? Do you like its size? These are all questions you should ask yourself before trading. If you want to try something new, cutting edge, then the storm may be for you. If you like things that just work, maybe its not.
    02-17-09 10:35 AM
    Ten people are going to give you ten different opinions. You wont know if you like it until you play with it for a while.

I love my storm and dont have any issues with it. I had a curve before it and didnt have any issues with it either. I like the storm better, I like the touch screen and the screen itself is great. I get my emails, stay in touch with people over facebook. It just works well for me.
    02-17-09 10:40 AM
    I'd say if you have patience then the storm would be good because just recently themes have finally come out and they are really awesome. And the whole clicking the screen will take some time to get use to because the keyboard sometimes lag and you may get a little frustrated and your not going to be texting as fast as you are on the curve. And you will have to face pulling your battery maybe twice a week depending on your version because the version that is installed is .75 and there are many bugs with that version but there are unofficial releases of versions and I currently have .103 and no issues what so ever. I was in your same shoes lol i had a Curve too and i loved it the full keyboard was wonderful because I was like flash when texting lol but yea man if your willing to be patient I'd say trade it, because the storm is taking some time to be perfect . As of now I love my storm when i first got it I missed my curve because the typing was not as fast lol but the touch screen on the storm is cool
    02-17-09 10:51 AM
    Ten people are going to give you ten different opinions. You wont know if you like it until you play with it for a while.

I love my storm and dont have any issues with it. I had a curve before it and didnt have any issues with it either. I like the storm better, I like the touch screen and the screen itself is great. I get my emails, stay in touch with people over facebook. It just works well for me.
    Yeah... this.

I love my storm and its capabilities. I have had no issues that RIM wasn't able to correct with a 10 minute phone call. (which b/t/w, once Verizon couldn't figure it out, transferred me to RIM, who gave me the direct number to them). Best phone I have ever had, and I have no issues with hardware, and more easily correctable issues with software than I ever had on my 8703.
    02-17-09 11:22 AM
    This information is very helpful. Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to go ahead and make the switch. I absolutely love the Curve but I think that I will have the patience to deal with a potentially superb phone in the Storm.
    02-17-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD