I just wanted to know because I did check few links and all links shows that storm is using 624 mhz processor.
    04-15-09 12:14 AM
    obviously you didn't check enough links, this thread is really repetitive anyway. so many threads on this previously.
    04-15-09 12:44 AM
    Ok, even so Ninja. It would take less time from you to reply a yes or a no.
    I know it's difficult to answer such an easy question if it's been repeated so many times.

But really, we're all here to help one another.
    04-15-09 12:48 AM
    04-15-09 12:52 AM
    Ok, even so Ninja. It would take less time from you to reply a yes or a no.
    I know it's difficult to answer such an easy question if it's been repeated so many times.

But really, we're all here to help one another.

Some people believe that the only way their voice is heard is if they're negative rather then positive in a community.
    04-15-09 01:01 AM
    I pointed out that it's yet another thread that someone posts without first doing a search. the button is there for a reason. we are here to help but we're also apparently here to help people understand how to search for answers to questions so that the same thing won't be posted over and over, since some didn't bother to read the forum posting rules and guidelines. that redundancy makes this forum less fun to participate in. it gets old answering the same question over and over, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. so there's no point in whining about my not giving a "yes" or "no" answer to the OP.
    I just love how almost every thread in the storm forum has drama
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-15-09 at 04:36 AM. Reason: can't spell
    04-15-09 04:33 AM
    624 in total. In actuality, it's a 400 MHz main processor + a 224 MHz co-processor. It's a dual-core unit.
    04-15-09 04:44 AM
    I pointed out that it's yet another thread that someone posts without first doing a search. the button is there for a reason. we are here to help but we're also apparently here to help people understand how to search for answers to questions so that the same thing won't be posted over and over, since some didn't bother to read the forum posting rules and guidelines. that redundancy makes this forum less fun to participate in. it gets old answering the same question over and over, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. so there's no point in whining about my not giving a "yes" or "no" answer to the OP.
    Have you tried searching for any information in the storm forums? Sure you can find hundreds of the same topic. But they are typically followed with the same 30 or 40 posts of "use the search button, thats what it is for" comments. I for one have gotten tired of searching for topics on this site as that is the normal response that gets yielded. At one point and time that was a useful tool. But not anymore. Too many people making comments like you on here.
    04-15-09 06:28 AM
    Well having 50% of the replies to any given question being "use the search" doesn't make this forum much fun either. Additionally, being negative and berating people doesn't help reduce the drama.
    04-15-09 06:34 AM
    The 9530 uses a Qualcomm which is dual core. And no it's not as fast as the Bold's processor.
    04-15-09 06:52 AM
    Have you tried searching for any information in the storm forums? Sure you can find hundreds of the same topic. But they are typically followed with the same 30 or 40 posts of "use the search button, thats what it is for" comments. I for one have gotten tired of searching for topics on this site as that is the normal response that gets yielded. At one point and time that was a useful tool. But not anymore. Too many people making comments like you on here.
    Talk about a self fulfilling prophesy. The drama is caused mostly by individuals who could have been helpful but instead expended MORE energy by attacking forum posters.

Gstang hit the nail on the head when he said searching is worthless because most results are clogged up with self-righteous indignant people saying "stupid question! Search first".

You guys want to know the dark irony of such a complaint? The oldest wisdom of the world includes the axiom "there is nothing new under the sun". By definition, ANY question has already been asked. Therefore you, Ninja, have repeatedly asked questions that have been asked BEFORE. Doesn't that mean you should be criticizing yourself? Aren't you guilty of the same heresy you burn other people at the stake for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 07:10 AM
    Just cutting right to things: Clock speed is NOT the end all, be all, metric for processor performance. The processor's architecture plays a very significant role. Case in point would be how the AMD AthlonXP processor blew past the Intel Pentium 4, even when the Pentium 4 had as much as a 400MHz advantage.
    04-15-09 07:17 AM
    I did read some of it here and I must admit that there is no clear proof about storm's processor

but there is no point denying this and there is a website that shows which cellphone have the fastest processors

Fastest Processor - Cell Phones Top List
    04-15-09 09:05 AM
    Here is a link to a tear down of the Storm. See the Qualcomm MSM 7600??
    BlackBerry Storm teardown shows underpowered CPU - SlashGear

Now below is the spec sheet from Qualcomm. The processor on the Storm is not as fast as the Bold's. Now as I posted in a thread yesterday, and Bigman stated today, it's not all about speed, most of it is the architecture, but the fact remains the Storms processor is not as fast as the Bolds, nor is the Storm as snappy or quick as the Bold.

:: DatasheetPro :: Download MSM7600 datasheet PDF download :: QUALCOMM Incorporated :: MSM7600 Chipset Solution
    04-15-09 09:28 AM
    . The processor on the Storm is not as fast as the Bold's. Now as I posted in a thread yesterday, and Bigman stated today, it's not all about speed, most of it is the architecture, but the fact remains the Storms processor is not as fast as the Bolds, nor is the Storm as snappy or quick as the Bold.[/url]

Hey man, I know you like the Bold, but why rub it in our faces? LOL
    04-15-09 09:32 AM
    Some of the people here take themselves too seriously. Sure questions can be repetitive and it's annoying that they are asked but all you have to do is answer the question and ask the person nicely to use the search feature. It makes me smile that the a-holes on here are probably the most submissive people in "real life". The internet has a way of giving everyone a inflated ego... until they log off of course.
    04-15-09 09:42 AM
    info about bold

Manufacturer Research In Motion
    Carrier DoCoMo
    Vodafone
    Orange Romania
    Turkcell
    AT&T
    bMobile
    Digicel
    Rogers
    Airtel
    [1][2] [3]

Available August 4, 2008 (Chile)[4]
    August 21, 2008 (Canada)[5]
    November 4, 2008 (USA)[6]
    Screen 480x320 px 2.8 inch TFT LCD[5]
    Camera 2.0 megapixel[7]
    Operating system BlackBerry OS 4.6[1]
    Input Trackball, keyboard
    CPU 624 MHz Marvell Tavor PXA930[1]
    Memory 128MB RAM, 1GB storage, microSD slot[5]
    Networks Quad band GSM
    Tri band HSDPA[8]
    Physical size 4.48x2.6x0.59 in (114x66x15 mm)[7]
    Weight 4.8 oz (136 g)[7]
    Form factor Candybar smartphone

info about storm

Slogan Press and be Impressed
    Manufacturer Research In Motion
    Carrier Airtel, Bell Canada, Etisalat, Si.mobil, Telus, Verizon Wireless, Vodafone
    Available November 14, 2008 (U.K.), November 21, 2008 (U.S.) December 4, 2008 (Australia), December 11, 2008 (Canada)
    Screen 3.25" HVGA 360x480 Multi-touch capable of up to 65,536 colors[1]
    Camera 3.2 megapixel[1]
    Operating system BlackBerry OS 4.7
    Input Touchscreen with haptic feedback[1]
    CPU 624 MHz Qualcomm processor[2]
    Memory 128 MB Flash[1]
    Memory card MicroSDHC[3]
    Storage 1 GB onboard[1]
    Networks CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A 850/1900Mhz
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900Mhz

UMTS/HSPA 2100Mhz[1]
    Connectivity Bluetooth[1], Micro-USB with Mass Storage Mode support
    Physical size 112.5 mm x 62.2 mm x 13.95 mm[1]
    Weight 155g / 5.5oz[1]
    Form factor Candybar Smartphone
    04-15-09 10:48 AM
    I just wanted to know because I did check few links and all links shows that storm is using 624 mhz processor.

From the information I've heard your correct in making that statement.
    04-15-09 10:54 AM
    to tell you the truth , all blackberry have problems so why bother which blackberry is best or fastest etc ? you all see the forums here in crackberry that people have problems with it , that is why there is no such thing that any blackberry device is any better at all. so the discussion is over !
    04-15-09 11:06 AM
    Just cutting right to things: Clock speed is NOT the end all, be all, metric for processor performance. The processor's architecture plays a very significant role. Case in point would be how the AMD AthlonXP processor blew past the Intel Pentium 4, even when the Pentium 4 had as much as a 400MHz advantage.
    I think you are thinking of the Athlon 64s. I loved my XP 2500+(had it OCed to 3200+ speeds) but it was not as fast as the P4s. The XPs did have the better price/performance ratio though.
    04-15-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD