Hello, I am a current Verizon customer looking to get a new phone. I really don't like Win OS so it comes down to blackberrys. Any thoughts on these two phones? I really need remote desktop VNC type app and a good web browser. Are these two good choices and is one better than the other? If not any other choices?

Thanks,
    mpetrader
    07-01-09 09:37 PM
    tour or storm2... not storm
    07-01-09 09:40 PM
    Hard to say since the Tour has not been released. Many (including myself) find the Storm an epic disappointment. After buying the Storm shortly after launch, my advice would be to wait a few weeks and see what people think of the Tour. The Storm has convinced me that RIM's product development and testing is pi$$-poor.
    07-01-09 09:40 PM
    What i would say to do. Wait til the 12th of this month. Got to Verizon and they will have both phones to play with both. And take your time and see which feels better to you and which is more appealing for you.
    07-01-09 09:43 PM
    What i would say to do. Wait til the 12th of this month. Got to Verizon and they will have both phones to play with both. And take your time and see which feels better to you and which is more appealing for you.
    agreed you definitely need to play with both and see whether or not you can do the virtual keyboard thing
    07-01-09 09:44 PM
    I like how pple say the storm is an epic disappointment, if so why dont you skip merryly along to your nearest store and trade it, ebay it, flush it, god knows im tired of whinning swines, that think they could develop a better OS overnight, the pple at RIM are working darm hard to get these things working, show me a smartphone with a floorless OS, and I will buy you two.
    07-01-09 09:47 PM
    Lots of replies so quick, thanks for responding guys. I played with the storm today and honestly I wasn't that impressed. But I have played with the iphone and really like it. My problem is I have a contract with Verizon so need a verizon phone. If not storm or tour any other reccs? Basically want the best smart phone Verizon offers for browsing the web and running a remote desktop client/VNC. Thanks all
    07-01-09 09:51 PM
    Curve if you want a BB its basically always solid...and similar to the Tour which will be newer with newer functionality and some enhancements etc.
    07-01-09 09:53 PM
    I like how pple say the storm is an epic disappointment, if so why dont you skip merryly along to your nearest store and trade it, ebay it, flush it, god knows im tired of whinning swines, that think they could develop a better OS overnight, the pple at RIM are working darm hard to get these things working, show me a smartphone with a floorless OS, and I will buy you two.
    The reason you get upset is b/c you are disappointed as well...denial can be powerful though. If you find other people's complaints stress you out, here are some things you can focus your energy on: Battery pulls, hybrid OSs, screen dust, and random freezes.

If the people at RIM are working so hard then they are not very good at their jobs. It's been 7 months...that's 1/3rd of this phone's usable life (most will replace it after 2 years)...and the phone still disappoints daily!
    07-01-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD