I have had my Storm over a year and now the screen seems to be stuffed the problem is that the screen doesn't response to touch, and when it does its only on the edge. I upgraded the OS to 5.0 and on luck in doing that, then took it to a mobile phone repair shop and they told me that the screen was gone and needs to be replaced... so i am in the process of doing that now, but then i noticed that the blackberry button no longer worked either and now am worried that these problems could be linked

Anyone have any ideas?

Note: Can't send it back to get a new one cause warranty expired
    02-13-10 09:02 PM
    You can get an estimate on the repair cost, but if it were me, I'd just go get a new phone. I'm guessing your repairs are going to expensive.
    02-13-10 09:17 PM
    Repairs will be more costly than just picking up another BB. Maybe check out Craigslist to get a used S1 or S2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 09:31 PM
    thanks, probably go ahead and get a new one then
    02-14-10 06:04 PM
    There's a paper trick that works !!
    More information : Blackberry Storm Screen Issues - PinStack.com
    02-15-10 05:13 PM
    I have had a really hard time trying to figure out what is wrong with my storm's screen. Whenever I try to touch a folder or option, it doesn't light up . Scrolling with my phone right now is almost IMPOSSIBLE! I have tried many battery pulls and it works but after minutes the screen is useless again. Also, whenever I don't touch my phone for a while when it is having this problem, the back light never dims. Please don't tell me to download any programs because my phone's touchscreen right now is USELESS. Any ideas on a permanent fix? By the way, I have never spilled anything on my screen. Please help!
    06-19-10 03:00 PM
    Worst smartphone ever. Sorry.
    06-19-10 03:03 PM
    My 9530's screen is becoming more and more unresponsive...tried endless battery pulls, new (and no) screen protector, screen cleanings, changing sensitivities, new battery...nothing works. Have not yet messed with TORX adjustment screws, nor wiped and reinstalled everything. I press one area and get another area selected - or lots of things selected. scrolling is all but impossible. I am not touching two places at once, though it acts like I am. I have two pieces of paper under the battery. Am out of warranty. I wonder how one adjusts the digitizer? BTW - I know how to use the storm; it's the same house with the same humidity with the same fingers (tips, edges, hot cold, dry, etc) --something changed. it sucks. Verizon user about to get Droid X.
    Last edited by lucky1thanx; 01-28-11 at 01:09 PM.
    01-28-11 12:39 PM
    My 9530's screen is becoming more and more unresponsive...tried endless battery pulls, new (and no) screen protector, screen cleanings, changing sensitivities, new battery...nothing works. Have not yet messed with TORX adjustment screws, nor wiped and reinstalled everything. I press one area and get another area selected - or lots of things selected. scrolling is all but impossible. I am not touching two places at once, though it acts like I am. I have two pieces of paper under the battery. Am out of warranty. I wonder how one adjusts the digitizer? BTW - I know how to use the storm; it's the same house with the same humidity with the same fingers (tips, edges, hot cold, dry, etc) --something changed. it sucks. Verizon user about to get Droid X.
    Maybe you could post this a few more times?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 06:30 PM
    if you click the dial pad , phone book doesnt open ,. if the phone book opens then the phone log doesnt work , and all 3 are like killer to each other .
    this malfunction is one of the most serious one ,
    i mean why couldnt it be a shortest way to get the dail pad in shortest click possible and review call log as well . this is very badly designed interface .

storm1 screen has a serious issue of software and touch screen malfunction ,
    specially any kind of humidity , on the surface or on the hand enters and destroys complete storm typing. therefore living near humid or temperate climates is like a crime for all users .
    Cooling it makes it works at times . but the even after updating each of new updates and , trying installing to factory settings this adamant phone never works when you need the most .

have tried all possible tricks from crackberry forum to sustain the phone of its cancerous tendency , but everytime this storm's suicidal tendencies activates makes it the most unreliable phone .

if you are in a hurry this phone will not work in case of emergency .
    this phone has troubled me at times when i need this phone the most.

my middle finger to blackberry for not doing their research properly .
    i mean this company has designed the most nonloyal device to human beings, what a waste for money .

and its been years of the launch for this device . this company has not gone any change that is socially responsible nor happen to improve its carbon footprint nor human irritation to problem devices .

why create such things on this earth which just increase garbage devices. Arrrgghhhhhhhh

well !!!this is how i could express my anger and frustration using STORM

the time i buy a new one soon , i will use a hammer to break this apart . lol
    Last edited by sourabhstorm9500; 08-22-11 at 03:35 PM.
    08-22-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD