Ok this is going to sound weird, but I'll explain. I currently have a blackberry storm on the verizon network. I've unlocked the phone and verified that it was unlocked by inserting an att sim card and making calls/sending txt messages. My question is this. I want to tether my blackberry to my computer to get internet on my laptop while i'm on the road( I am an over the road truck driver), however with verizon I would be limited to 5gb and considering I'm wanting to play wow watch youtube videos etc., that limit would be ate up in a matter or days. My question is this is there any way to make the storm work on the t-mobile sidekick plan which is $1 a day, and have the tethering work? I'm sure some of berryholics could figure this out.
    05-02-09 05:23 PM
    Anyone know?
    05-02-09 06:00 PM
    While I'm certainly no expert,I don't think it will work as the Storm would have to access the net through BIS and the sidekick doesn't access the net in the same way.Take my information on the lower scale of expertise but I'm sure someone with much more knowledge than I will reply.
    05-02-09 06:31 PM
    A bis is BLACKBERRY INTERNET SERVICE. So no, you won't get access on a plan intended for a regular phone. Also, I'm sure if you read the fine print on the $1 per day plan, there are probably some limitations similar to the 5gb cap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD