If I unlock my Verizon blackberry to get T-mobiles flex pay service will I be able to use apps the same�I don�t want to flash it to Cricket, because I have heard a lot of negative things about doing so�I want to be able to use my phone to do everything it can...can anyone give me advice on doing this?
    12-30-09 05:44 PM
    There is an entire thread on how to do this. Search it and it will answer any and all questions you have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 05:50 PM
    The thread can be found in the tips/how-to forum at the top of the main storm forum.

I know Telus storms can't be properly run on Tmo...I did and despite being unlocked, Telus storms are not ever completely unlocked....apparently Telus added some extra locks in the software. The BB browser trying to access Tmo immediately drops it to lower case edge and no data til battery pull. Same with BB maps. I was able to get good connection with Opera browser, but there were definite difficulties.

I believe verizon phones don't have these extra software locks and will work fine on Tmo though, although the speeds will be only EDGE, not 3G.
    12-30-09 06:21 PM
    cool thanks my_2 cents
    12-30-09 06:32 PM
    In the US, it's pretty easy to get a 1st gen storm unlocked and running all the apps on T-Mobile, I've done it before following the instructions here. Didn't find anything that didn't work on it. And I have a Flex-Pay account.
    10-01-10 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD