Hi im a total newbies to blackberrys but I plan on buying a used TELUS blackberry storm from a friend tomorrow but I have a question if I put a active prepaid TELUS sim card with a texting plan on it and put it in the blackberry will I be able to send/recieve SMS text messages and make calls? (I know data won't work without a BB Plan but I don't care about data) Or will i recieve a sim card rejected error? please reply as soon as possible. thanks
    07-01-11 07:30 PM
    will some please help me
    07-01-11 07:53 PM
    You should be fine using your plan in the phone and you are right. No data.
    This works for Rogers for sure as my little brother and mom each have an older berry of mine and they work fine.
    KyleCanadian likes this.
    07-01-11 07:58 PM
    You should be fine using your plan in the phone and you are right. No data.
    This works for Rogers for sure as my little brother and mom each have an older berry of mine and they work fine.
    Thanks so much for a reply I can't wait to buy the Blackberry Storm from my friend. I always wanted a blackberry but I can't afford a BB plan
    07-01-11 08:03 PM
    Thanks so much for a reply I can't wait to buy the Blackberry Storm from my friend. I always wanted a blackberry but I can't afford a BB plan
    No problem, you could always ask your friend if you can pop your SIM card in to give it a test as well, that way you will also know if you really like the phone before you drop the cash on it.
    Good luck with your new phone and welcome to CrackBerry

oh thought I'd add... is it a storm 1 or 2?
    Check out the storm section and also check out the reviews on this phone as well as it isn't one of the better berries, it's a good starter though.
    07-01-11 08:06 PM
    No problem, you could always ask your friend if you can pop your SIM card in to give it a test as well, that way you will also know if you really like the phone before you drop the cash on it.
    Good luck with your new phone and welcome to CrackBerry

oh thought I'd add... is it a storm 1 or 2?
    Check out the storm section and also check out the reviews on this phone as well as it isn't one of the better berries, it's a good starter though.
    Im going to test it and hes only selling it for $50 so its a good price, Its a Storm 1 the 9500/9530 (I don't really know the difference) I watched some reviews on youtube and in the comments people say don't buy it blahblahblah it sucks but hey its only $50 and I can't afford a brand new blackberry storm 2.
    07-01-11 08:15 PM
    Im going to test it and hes only selling it for $50 so its a good price, Its a Storm 1 the 9500/9530 (I don't really know the difference) I watched some reviews on youtube and in the comments people say don't buy it blahblahblah it sucks but hey its only $50 and I can't afford a brand new blackberry storm 2.
    Ok, well as long as you know that the reviews aren't that great. I'd hate to see it leave a bad taste in your mouth for Blackberries all together.
    07-01-11 08:18 PM
    Ok, well as long as you know that the reviews aren't that great. I'd hate to see it leave a bad taste in your mouth for Blackberries all together.
    Never I know blackberries are great quality phones Who knows maybe in the future i'll buy a Torch
    07-01-11 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD