I recently got a Blackberry Storm 9530 through Telus. I was told when I first got it that there was an OS upgrade that could be done on the unit immediately. I plugged my device into my computer and opened desktop manager, but it didn't detect any new software. Thinking that my device shipped with the newest OS I left it not bothering with it any longer.

I called into Telus DNA (Data Network Assistance) a few days ago to ask a question about my device. The rep I was speaking with told me that there was a new software upgrade available (I am running OS 4.7.0.76) and the rep told me that there is a new release (4.7.0.109) availble and it could be downloaded from Telus directly.

I went to the Telus website and downloaded this software and installed it onto my pc. I hooked my Storm up to desktop manager and it told me I could upload the new software. I let DM do it's thing and it uploaded the new software onto my device, or so I thought. When I go into my Blackberry and check the software version it is telling me that it is still 4.7.0.76 and not 4.7.0.109 that I downloaded and installed on my device.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced or seen this issue and if so is there any fix to be able to upload software version 4.7.0.109 onto my device?
    03-07-09 11:23 PM
    help document to go for storm
    03-07-09 11:51 PM
    I recently got a Blackberry Storm 9530 through Telus. I was told when I first got it that there was an OS upgrade that could be done on the unit immediately. I plugged my device into my computer and opened desktop manager, but it didn't detect any new software. Thinking that my device shipped with the newest OS I left it not bothering with it any longer.

I called into Telus DNA (Data Network Assistance) a few days ago to ask a question about my device. The rep I was speaking with told me that there was a new software upgrade available (I am running OS 4.7.0.76) and the rep told me that there is a new release (4.7.0.109) availble and it could be downloaded from Telus directly.

I went to the Telus website and downloaded this software and installed it onto my pc. I hooked my Storm up to desktop manager and it told me I could upload the new software. I let DM do it's thing and it uploaded the new software onto my device, or so I thought. When I go into my Blackberry and check the software version it is telling me that it is still 4.7.0.76 and not 4.7.0.109 that I downloaded and installed on my device.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced or seen this issue and if so is there any fix to be able to upload software version 4.7.0.109 onto my device?
    4.7.0.109 is still considered beta to the best of my knowledge. It can be found in the Storm Beta OS Discussion forum.

help document to go for storm
    This makes no sense to me.
    03-07-09 11:55 PM
    well the telus tech is not completlely wrong.

Package Version: 4.7.0.109
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.7.0.76
    Software Platform: 4.0.0.96
    File name: 9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel109_PL4.0.0.96_A4.7.0.76_Telu s.exe
    File size: 102.85MB
    What he mean with the .109 is the package version a lot of Telus/Bell reps are a bit confuse about the OS and package versioning. Mainly what you need to look for is the Applications numbers to be .109

the release package .109 but it's the OS .76

So it's not that wrong like info.

But still the real OS .109 is only a beta.
    Don't get confuse!
    03-08-09 12:02 AM
    well the telus tech is not completlely wrong.

What he mean with the .109 is the package version a lot of Telus/Bell reps are a bit confuse about the OS and package versioning. Mainly what you need to look for is the Applications numbers to be .109

the release package .109 but it's the OS .76

So it's not that wrong like info.

But still the real OS .109 is only a beta.
    Don't get confuse!
    I never looked at the package version for .75 or .76 that is why it didn't click for me... LOL. But you are right a lot of people get the package version and the OS version mixed up.
    03-08-09 12:06 AM
    yeah when i first got my FIRST BB curve i was having the same problem when there was new OS update and Carrier update well now i'm trying to help people out lol
    03-08-09 12:09 AM
    The way the Rep explained it to me was it was still Software 4.7 but release 109. I guess I will still go with the .76 until the actual newest software available gets released and isn't a beta version. Thank you to everyone for clearing this up for me!
    03-08-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD