I was wondering, and any word on how much a blackberry will cost a month? The number one reason why I didn't get the iPhone was because your required to get the data plan, and I can't afford to waste around $70+ over a phone. Will I be able to get the plan I want? Or is it the same as the iphone?
    10-23-08 11:13 PM
    I was wondering, and any word on how much a blackberry will cost a month? The number one reason why I didn't get the iPhone was because your required to get the data plan, and I can't afford to waste around $70+ over a phone. Will I be able to get the plan I want? Or is it the same as the iphone?
    BlackBerry without a data plan? Are you kidding? That kills every feature worth getting one for. Storm on Verizon will require the $30 per month data fee which includes unlimited internet and email.

I'd say in your case go for a StarTac. Or a Chocolate.
    10-23-08 11:19 PM
    Its going to cost you 30 dollars in addition to the voice plan, but why would you get a smartphone without a data plan? That is afterall what sets it apart from regular phones...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 11:19 PM
    i know that it cost $30 dollars a month for data access, if i travel to canada and lets say i start browsing the web on my phone am i charged extra? or is it included in the $30 a month, does anyone know what verizon would charge for data in canada
    10-24-08 12:12 AM
    i know that it cost $30 dollars a month for data access, if i travel to canada and lets say i start browsing the web on my phone am i charged extra? or is it included in the $30 a month, does anyone know what verizon would charge for data in canada
    You will be charged extra. Check their site, it will have data rates and (I think) an international data plan, as well.
    10-24-08 01:08 AM
    I think the lowest you can go is this:

450 Minutes + Unlimited Texting = 59.99

Data Plan = 29.99

Total = 89.98 plus taxes

You can get a 90.00 plan but I don't think it includes texting - :\

Check with your company to see if you can get a discount. I am fortunate enough to get a discount.
    10-24-08 08:07 AM
    I think the lowest you can go is this:

450 Minutes + Unlimited Texting = 59.99

Data Plan = 29.99

Total = 89.98 plus taxes

You can get a 90.00 plan but I don't think it includes texting - :\

Check with your company to see if you can get a discount. I am fortunate enough to get a discount.
    I have the same plan but i pay 100$ a month with vz nav.
    10-24-08 08:15 AM
    VZ Nav would be nice, but I really don't need it. Besides the GPS should be unlocked on the BB Storm, so I will just end up using a third party app.

Does anyone know why they don't include unlimited texting in the 90 plan?
    10-24-08 08:19 AM
    My "BS" fees are $10-$12. Taxes, fees, surcharges...
    10-24-08 08:21 AM
    You don't have to have the unlimited texting. You can send emails to text and vice versa.
    10-24-08 08:23 AM
    You don't have to have the unlimited texting. You can send emails to text and vice versa.
    True, just easier to text - :P

I probably don't need unlimited. I will see how many I use after my first bill.
    10-24-08 08:37 AM
    My "BS" fees are $10-$12. Taxes, fees, surcharges...
    We should fight these charges - :P
    10-24-08 08:38 AM
    I have the cheap plan as mentioned above, just cause I don't really call many people and those that I do, have VZW. The only thing I don't like about texting is that 160 character limit. That's why I told Household6 she's getting my 8830 when the Storm or Niagra come out.
    10-24-08 08:41 AM
    We should fight these charges - :P
    It is out of control. Fricken' everything is taxed to death anymore.
    10-24-08 08:47 AM
    Well the 160 limit won't change. Quoting civic. SMS equals. Short Messaging Service

10-24-08 08:51 AM
    Well the 160 limit won't change. Quoting civic. SMS equals. Short Messaging Service

I know they won't change it, even told to send longer through MMS but it's cool. I told HouseHold6 she's getting the BB 8830WE when the new one comes out cause I'm tired of sending multiple texts to answer her page+ long texts so then we can do it through BB Messenger.
    10-24-08 08:55 AM

Yeah but that is not cool though because as mentioned in other threads, @ least with most other vzw phones, if you are sending an SMS from one vzw phone to another vzw phone it will let you type up to 6 or 7 pages instead of 1. Then split them up while sending them. Why is the blackberry the only one that won't let you? That's the only and note I said the ONLY thing I miss from my env.

10-24-08 08:56 AM
    Yeah but that is not cool though because as mentioned in other threads, @ least with most other vzw phones, if you are sending an SMS from one vzw phone to another vzw phone it will let you type up to 6 or 7 pages instead of 1. Then split them up while sending them. Why is the blackberry the only one that won't let you? That's the only and note I said the ONLY thing I miss from my env.

I agree. That's the one thing that I do miss from my old phone that I had with VZW. I liked how I could keep typing and it'd just split it up. Oh well, I guess the benefits of the BB over-ride the 160 limit. I don't go over that unless it's to Household6 anyways, it's just getting annoying.
    10-24-08 09:08 AM
    My treo does not allow SMS over 160 no matter who the customer is. After 160 characters, it just stops registering my typing. I believe my Razr split up the messages as mentioned by other users. Not that VZW needs something else to charge us for, but maybe an extra $1.99 a month to have LMS, Long Messaging Service???
    10-24-08 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD