Ok, I posted last week inquiring about if there was a increase in build quality in the storms now. Well I decided to bite the bullet and repurchase a storm for the 3rd time. But I wanted to make sure and went to two Verizon stores to test the demo units, and they seem super solid unlike the units I purchased previously. Do they give the stores better units for demo? Or are they modified (torx screw/business card fix) to perform better? Sad thing is with bank card in hand at both stores ready to buy NO ONE helped me, both stores had about 4 to 5 sales people on the floor doing nothing but talking to one another and they all ignored me. So I left both with no Storm in hands. Even worse, as I was playing with a different phone I heard the associates crap on the Storm saying how much they hated to text on it and how it's riddled with problems. That was enough for me to leave the store and go home (on top of being tired of waiting)
    04-21-09 01:47 PM
    I used to work at Circuit City, when the Storm came out Verizon just took it out of a box. They didn't get sent a special one for a demo.
    04-21-09 01:55 PM
    demo units are the same as the ones we all use. I worked as an *** manager at verizon and I put the phones into demo status. We just took one from the inventory, assigned a mobile # and put it on the floor.
    04-21-09 03:26 PM
    dwp1975: Was this in the YUBA CITY, CA store??? sounds familiar...
    04-21-09 04:46 PM
    they seem solid to me as of late

exchanged one
    04-21-09 05:55 PM
    dwp1975: Was this in the YUBA CITY, CA store??? sounds familiar...
    Nah, it was in two of the Rockville, MD stores.
    04-21-09 06:08 PM
    they seem solid to me as of late

exchanged one
    I agree, they seem much more solid. I may stop by again tomorrow and pick one up just yet. Tired of my Curve's quirks.
    04-21-09 06:10 PM
    i got my storm about a week and a half ago, and have had no problems so far. no random reboots, normal accelerometer, fast camera, and no batt. pulls as of yet...maybe the newer batches work a little better?.. i know a week and a half isnt long enough to start singing too much praise, but im happy so far. Hopefully you can get some help at the store and grab yourself one again!
    04-21-09 06:15 PM
    I agree, they seem much more solid. I may stop by again tomorrow and pick one up just yet. Tired of my Curve's quirks.
    Sorry to hear about your experience... but all the phones we have on display at our store are right from the same boxes we sell...

if no one wants to sell you a storm where you live, come to cali, i would be happy to sell you one. And i would be sure to tell you about the cool os were going to release in two weeks.... lolololol!!! j/k
    04-22-09 02:57 AM
    [QUOTE=dwp1975;2346490]Nah, it was in two of the Rockville, MD stores[QUOTE]

I've been there probably a few times. The one on the pike across from the Hilton seems to be the friendliest. At least when I was there.
    04-22-09 03:11 AM
    its do different here in Germany. A colleague who just moved from Australia went to a Vodafone store and asked for a Storm. the saleswoman was really on a bad mood. My colleague already knew about the plan values, how much would the Storm cost and so on (i own one and explained her). So the saleswoman said the values were all wrong, that there was no such dataplan available and for the storm itself, she would have to pay Euro 100 when the correct amount is Euro39. she left the store and went to another one, where the salesman was nice and confirmed the costs just as i told her.
    Honestly, Germany has the worst sales and customer service one can ever think about. so whenever i need to complain, i write an email to the CEO's. Specially because i dont speak German... already did it for Vodafone, Siemens/Fujitsu (for my kids laptop) and KableDeutschland. it worked!!!
    04-22-09 03:18 AM
    I've played with 2 Storms at one store near me, one has a solid screen clicks everwhere, the other one...not so good...So there is no difference from what we get vs what they put on the floor for demo use...
    04-22-09 04:05 AM
    its a whole another lottery deal to me ...
    04-22-09 04:09 AM
    in uk they put the same device on floor 4 demo and for sale, but all the time tell to costumer what demo is a bit slower than urs in the box, but this is lie...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 04:36 AM
    [QUOTE=vetvipe;2350753][QUOTE=dwp1975;2346490]Nah, it was in two of the Rockville, MD stores

I've been there probably a few times. The one on the pike across from the Hilton seems to be the friendliest. At least when I was there.
    I like the one in the town center better. A few of their reps go out of their way to help, but that day there were a bunch of non-helpful ones.
    04-22-09 04:46 PM
    in uk they put the same device on floor 4 demo and for sale, but all the time tell to costumer what demo is a bit slower than urs in the box, but this is lie...

Actually they are slower.....due to people leaving apps open on the device....

04-22-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD