ok so heres my issue, my silver bezel is all scratched up from small drops, and i was wondering if theres a paint made to cover them up, i dont want to void my warranty by replacing the bezel so i was going to sand down the bezel with fine sand paper and carefully paint it, oh and im replacing the battery door, but thats completely irrelevant
    06-27-09 03:16 PM
    come one someone has to know, i dont want spray paint i refuse to take my storm appart and void my warranty, so is there or is there not a paint that is exactly the same as the blackberry storms bezel or not? someone please tell me
    06-27-09 03:57 PM
    just replace the bezel... but do it right and don't break anything... they won't know the difference. They are gunna take it apart the same way you do, so as long as you don't break anything, you'll be fine...

you'll never make a satisfactory paint job that will stick without rubbing off.
    06-27-09 04:30 PM
    My advice is to just sand it down to black and then put a cover such as the Incipio Feather over it. Or not sand it and put the cover over. That's what I ended up doing after trying the painting thing. As already mentioned, paint will just rub off and you can't give it a decent paint job without removing the bezel and spraying it. And let me tell you, removing and reinstalling the bezel on the Storm is NOT the easiest thing to do. There are some intricate and fragile parts attached.
    06-27-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD