hello,
    i have had my bb storm for 5 months now and i love it.
    Today once i came back to my house, i took my bb storm out of my pocket to check something out with it, but the backlight is almost completely black. I can see the screen, but its EXTREMELY hard to make out what anything is.
    Is there anyway to get the screen bright again?

ps. the icons and everything is good, its only the backlight that is acting up.
    04-25-09 02:17 PM
    hmmm.. I thought that the entire screen was lit by the "backlight" so to be able to see the icons and such? but not see other things is kind of strange such as something broken because I don't think there is a separation of controls on the phone for what your suggesting

I could be wrong but I have been through everything on this phone over and over
    04-25-09 02:26 PM
    Go to options then it says screen/(I think) keyboard then go down to screen brightness

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 02:47 PM
    hmmm.. I thought that the entire screen was lit by the "backlight" so to be able to see the icons and such? but not see other things is kind of strange such as something broken because I don't think there is a separation of controls on the phone for what your suggesting

I could be wrong but I have been through everything on this phone over and over
    Thanks, but i think that i did not describe it well enough.
    You are right that the entire screen is lit up by the backlight, and that is my problem. every icon that is suppose to be there is there, it just the backlight is so dim. I had tryed the screen/keyboard options and i put the brightness to 100, but the screen is still very dim.
    any other suggestions would be great thank you.
    04-26-09 02:28 PM
    pull the battery
    04-26-09 03:01 PM
    pull the battery
    i already tried that,
    anymore ideas? Anything will be helpful
    thank you
    04-26-09 05:19 PM
    Bad screen bud...my buddy has this problem too, get a warranty replacement
    04-26-09 05:22 PM
    Don't see how this could happen w/o u knowing but maybe icons r set 2 "hide". Try: home screen > highlight any/each icon > menu. If hide is checked, uncheck.

Hidden icons r displayed dimly when menu > show all.
    04-27-09 10:15 AM
    check to see if your automatic dim was turned back on for some weird reason. It can be found in options under screen/keyboard. That could be it!
    04-27-09 11:05 AM
    If you already did a batt pull, i would bring it in to your provider and have then look at it. Might be bad screen like someone in previous post stated.
    04-27-09 11:14 AM
    the screen has an auto-dim feature, the sensor is by the LED i believe, if you put your thumb over it in such a manner, it will dim the screen. take your thumb off, and it'll light up again. i've triggered it quite a few times myself.
    04-27-09 11:16 AM
    thank you for all of your reply, i think that it is probably just a bad screen like a couple of you had said so i will go and get it fixed tomorrow.
    Thanks again for your help
    04-27-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD