I had .75 and updated to .113 and just tried .109 For some reason it keeps changing from edge to EDGE and then back to edge and EDGE...What does that mean
    04-03-09 11:14 PM
    I think that means that it hates you for taking it off of the Verizon network. J/K...

On Verizon, when the symbol is 1X or 1XEV that means that its communicating with RIM's servers (or BES servers, I'm not really sure exactly how the infrastructure entirely works). When it's the lowercase 1x or 1xev then I was unable to send e-mails, PINs, etc...

Sorry I can't give a very technical explanation. Hopefully someone else may be able to fill in the rest of the details.
    04-03-09 11:54 PM
    Any build past .90 sucks for 9530s on GSM networks. .103, .109, .114 and .113 have this issue. With .113 being the absolute horrid.

Roll back to .75. Yeah i know but at least it works.
    04-03-09 11:57 PM
    I had .75 and updated to .113 and just tried .109 For some reason it keeps changing from edge to EDGE and then back to edge and EDGE...What does that mean
    You could try to remove your APN info. I had to do that to get a more constant EDGE with .114 Hybrid V3.
    04-04-09 12:57 AM
    So you removed your APN info, so now you have nothing in there at all?
    04-04-09 08:21 PM
    Enter blackerberry.net as apn then cingular as the username this has solved most of my edge probs on att using .113
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by majgi; 04-04-09 at 10:09 PM.
    04-04-09 10:04 PM
    So you removed your APN info, so now you have nothing in there at all?
    If your asking me then yes. That is what I did and have had great success.

Ill post up a picture of my TCP/IP screen in a minute.

04-04-09 10:41 PM
    Does anyone really recommended getting a Storm if you are on AT&T?
    04-04-09 11:01 PM
    Love mine I get full EDGE all day on .113 I use nobex radio and youtube works great expect vid quality sux

04-04-09 11:17 PM
    I have a few problems, first being the AT&T service books on the first page of this thread do not work for me (I downloaded them from here a couple of times and compared md5sums and they were the same), but I did find books that worked on another site; I was able to get the browser dialed in after some time (p.e. CrackUtil is _great_).

My problem now, that I'm running AT&T 2G are issues with BES. I can actiavte it via USB, but not OTA.

To further complicate this issue, after BES is activated via USB, I cannot connect to MDS / BES nor communicate from BES to the Storm. I write this @ 238a after 2 days of trying to figure this issue out, and -several- OS reloads / IT policy pulls later.

I've noticed a few other quirks, such as installed software not showing up in home / other folders. Can anyone shed some light on what could be happening here?

I'm running .148 on an (ex)Verizon 9530.

Thanks
    07-25-09 04:41 AM
    I run OS 148 with .90 radio file and like 50 or so 5.0 files. I have my APN settings all filled out with AT&T info. I always have EDGE. It never goes down. I can also watch you tube with minimal catch up. Pandora is a breeze. My only complaint.. Memory leaks. Woke yp this am and had 1.1 mb in mem. More fun stuff to play with. Enjoy.

07-25-09 06:43 AM
    I have a few problems, first being the AT&T service books on the first page of this thread do not work for me (I downloaded them from here a couple of times and compared md5sums and they were the same), but I did find books that worked on another site; I was able to get the browser dialed in after some time (p.e. CrackUtil is _great_).

My problem now, that I'm running AT&T 2G are issues with BES. I can actiavte it via USB, but not OTA.

To further complicate this issue, after BES is activated via USB, I cannot connect to MDS / BES nor communicate from BES to the Storm. I write this @ 238a after 2 days of trying to figure this issue out, and -several- OS reloads / IT policy pulls later.

I've noticed a few other quirks, such as installed software not showing up in home / other folders. Can anyone shed some light on what could be happening here?

I'm running .148 on an (ex)Verizon 9530.

Thanks
    I would start by suggesting downgrading your OS to .75. Its the one that holds EDGE the best (most of the new OS releases ones wont hold it at all). After doing that, see if some of your problems are fixed. As far as the service books now working on the "how to run your storm on ATT" thread... they worked fine for me. I have been running on .75 for a few weeks now and it works on ATT fine... with no 3g of coarse.
    07-25-09 07:54 AM
    best Storm to put on AT&T is the 9500...I have the 9500 on AT&T and I have absolutely no issues with edge/EDGE
    07-25-09 09:37 AM
    I found this in another thread because I had the same issue with my unlocked storm on at&t. Type in at&t's apn setting, username and password, then save. Go into network settings and set on 2G only. Turn off radio for about a minute, then turn back on. Wait for EDGE to pop up and it should stay that way about 98% of the time. I'm on os5.0 and it works the same for me with this build as it did when I was on 4.7 .148.
    07-25-09 10:50 AM
    I HAVE A BLACK BERRY STORM AND IM TRYING TO HOOK IT UP ON ATT and i cant download picture messages or watch videos on youtube did u have a similar problem ne solution
    07-25-09 04:44 PM
    You have to call at&t and them about that because I believe that's something on their end that needs to be fixed or added. I did have that promblem once. Also, I was never able to figure out the youtube thing. My video was always choppy and it froze often, so I deleted the app and never went back.
    07-25-09 07:50 PM
    edit: tell them...
    07-25-09 07:50 PM

Drop those OS's and hit this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/15...ds-269887-new/
    07-25-09 09:02 PM
    I'm on ATT and have been running the .151 with no EDGE/edge issue...
    07-25-09 09:14 PM
    I would start by suggesting downgrading your OS to .75. Its the one that holds EDGE the best (most of the new OS releases ones wont hold it at all). After doing that, see if some of your problems are fixed. As far as the service books now working on the "how to run your storm on ATT" thread... they worked fine for me. I have been running on .75 for a few weeks now and it works on ATT fine... with no 3g of coarse.
    To follow up, I actually got this sorted out. The problem was...

ATT DIDN'T PUT ME ON BES!!!!!!!!!! Even though I explicity asked them for BES, they had me on BIS.

Needless to say, I was pulling my hair out. What a waste of time :s

Also, .148 holds EDGE decent for me.
    07-26-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD