When upgrade my OS from 4.7 to 5.0 on my BlackBerry Storm 9530 the phone/calls feature in unavailable! Everything else seems to work just fine (SMS, MMS, APP World, E-mail, Etc.) why is that the phone feature is not working on this OS on this Network? I LOVED the 5.0 OS and had to downgrade if i wanted my phone feature!

Any Ideas or comments?
    11-03-09 06:42 PM
    11-03-09 06:47 PM
    well the problem is that another friend of mines had the same situation when he upgraded his OS to 5.0. He spoke to BlackBerry Technical Support for T-Mobile and since they where unable to fix the issue they spoke to RIM directly and seems to be an issue with the OS or something like that. The situation seems unfixable!
    11-03-09 07:23 PM
    Its a problem that the 9530 has been having ever since 5.0.0.191. Since then, some have reported the "No Circuit/Channel Available" error that stops the phone from being used. The only solution at the moment is to downgrade to 4.7.0.X or if you must have OS 5.0 then 5.0.0.140 is an OS to try.
    11-03-09 07:26 PM
    you are absolutelly right you have quoted the problems specifically as it is! Have you spoken to anybody about this issue? have you gotten any answers?
    11-03-09 08:03 PM
    Many of the people on this forum are having this problem with 5.0 OS. Its just a problem with the radio file that the operating system contains since 5.0.0.191 that is causing the problems. At this time theres no fixes for it. I spoke with RIM tech support about it as well and they said that they did not have a fix for it at the time and I should revert to the last OS that worked for me or contact my carrier... but tmobile refers you back to RIM so its an endless cycle of referals there.
    11-03-09 08:41 PM
    Many of the people on this forum are having this problem with 5.0 OS. Its just a problem with the radio file that the operating system contains since 5.0.0.191 that is causing the problems. At this time theres no fixes for it. I spoke with RIM tech support about it as well and they said that they did not have a fix for it at the time and I should revert to the last OS that worked for me or contact my carrier... but tmobile refers you back to RIM so its an endless cycle of referals there.
    did RIM ever said that they are working on it or trying to fix the issue? did they even took note of it?
    11-03-09 08:51 PM
    First, I talked for over 2 hours with the Tech at RIM ( friend of mine). They know of the problem with the radio, and no connect, or make calls on T-mobile, or AT&T. Unfortunately this only affects the GSM portion of the phone! The CDMA works just fine!!! And here's the kicker... Verizon PAID RIM to do it!!!!!
    Just as AT&T paid Apple to make the iPhone un-jailbreakable, so Verizon did the same thing to the storm. They are now working on a way to do the same to the Wi-Fi for the Storm2, to where it does not function unless you are a Verizon subscriber. They know what's wrong, because they made it that way to keep the Storm on Verizon! That's why there is no problems with the 5.0 on the Bold and other Blackberry model on the other networks!
    11-03-09 09:09 PM
    i am on a&t without a bis plan or bes and i was able to upgrade to 5.0.0.323. i just use regualar edge for calls and text. thats enough for me. i thought only subscribers were allowed to upgrade. guess not.
    Last edited by hernandez_18; 11-03-09 at 10:24 PM.
    11-03-09 10:19 PM
    Attachment 43845

thats the os i upgraded to today.
    11-03-09 10:22 PM
    Attachment 43845

There must be sometime of workaround.... It is out there. Maybe a hybrid OS?!
    11-03-09 10:32 PM
    After upgrading from 4.7 to 5.0 last Saturday, I experienced the same problem yesterday, my unlock BB Storm under T-mobile, lost the radio, I wasn't able to make or received calls but I was able to do everything else (texting, web browsing, etc) for about an hour or so, then after pulling out the battery and removing the T-mobile chip card for about 5 minutes the phone started to work normally again, and it did happen today again, I lost the radio for about the same time until I decided to do the battery pulled and chip card removed, the phone started to work again normally and it's working now so far. Is this going to keep on happening? I think I may have to downgrade, thanks for your help everyone.
    Last edited by storm1973; 11-03-09 at 11:09 PM. Reason: mispelling
    11-03-09 11:07 PM
    Attachment 43845

This upgrade will fix the radio issue with the 5.0 OS?
    11-03-09 11:08 PM
    The thing about Bold are that they are completelly supported by T-Mobile as they sell them but the problem is that Storms are not. Damn i am so upset when i was sooo happy to see the great fixes of the OS 5.0 and i was forced to downgrade i almost cry i loved that upgrade to get rid of it...i dont know what to do or who to talk to!
    11-04-09 12:01 AM
    The thing about Bold are that they are completelly supported by T-Mobile as they sell them but the problem is that Storms are not. Damn i am so upset when i was sooo happy to see the great fixes of the OS 5.0 and i was forced to downgrade i almost cry i loved that upgrade to get rid of it...i dont know what to do or who to talk to!
    Is there a Hybrid 5.0 OS version somewhere? please helpppppp!!!!!
    11-04-09 12:18 AM
    I've just found out that it could be T-Mobile Network the one causing the problems and not the 5.0 OS upgrade as we had tought. T-Mobile suffered a major outage today but they've been having issues for the past 3 days nationwide, please any info will greatly appreciate it, thanks.
    Last edited by storm1973; 11-05-09 at 12:07 AM. Reason: mispelled
    11-04-09 12:42 AM
    When upgrade my OS from 4.7 to 5.0 on my BlackBerry Storm 9530 the phone/calls feature in unavailable! Everything else seems to work just fine (SMS, MMS, APP World, E-mail, Etc.) why is that the phone feature is not working on this OS on this Network? I LOVED the 5.0 OS and had to downgrade if i wanted my phone feature!

Any Ideas or comments?
    PLEASE DO NOT DOWNGRADE, there is nothing wrong with the 5.0 OS radio, it was t-mobile network that had some difficulties for the past 3 days, being today the worst day but I've just spoken to a Tech Support agent and she assured me that everything has been fixed with their network. I would suggest you to wait a few more days to see if your problem persist.

Check this link out: Oh No! Nationwide Outage | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more
    Last edited by storm1973; 11-04-09 at 01:29 AM. Reason: added additional info
    11-04-09 01:04 AM
    I still am not able to make phone calls with .328. I know TMO isn't having the outtage anymore. Anyone else have any other ideas? I am thinking about trying .191, does that one have the same issues?
    11-05-09 09:34 AM
    Thats weird, because I never had the problem with the no circuit prob. Maybe it depends on when your storm was made?
    11-05-09 10:36 AM
    I still am not able to make phone calls with .328. I know TMO isn't having the outtage anymore. Anyone else have any other ideas? I am thinking about trying .191, does that one have the same issues?
    Yeah that's what we been talking about here that the problme is that from OS 5.0.191 the phone call feature does not work at all on the T-Mobile Network and is not because of their recent outages because is a problme that's been going on for a while. I personally had to downgrade to OS 4.7 on my storm 9530 to get it working for T-Mobile.
    11-05-09 10:59 AM
    Thats weird, because I never had the problem with the no circuit prob. Maybe it depends on when your storm was made?
    Where did you get your storm from?
    11-05-09 11:00 AM
    Try upgrading to .328... I'm using it flawlessly. . . if you want a phone number to download it from the Verizon site I will private message you one.
    11-05-09 11:43 AM
    Also I'm an ATT user, so I know it works off CDMA
    11-05-09 11:43 AM
    Add me to the list of tmobile storm users that's been using a 5.0 os without problem. I only had issues with .328 so I downgraded back to 323 and its been flawless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 12:14 PM
    Its a problem that the 9530 has been having ever since 5.0.0.191. Since then, some have reported the "No Circuit/Channel Available" error that stops the phone from being used. The only solution at the moment is to downgrade to 4.7.0.X or if you must have OS 5.0 then 5.0.0.140 is an OS to try.
    whats everyone's experience been with .140? Anyone in CA on it, and able to use it without the no circuits? I feel like I just got accustomed with .167 and have everything the way I want, and don't want to try to upgrade if I'm going to get the same NC/NC message. So anyone in cali using .140 with no probs?

I think the NC/NC problem is dependent on your location, people that are running .328 with no problems, can you post your location to see if there is a pattern?
    11-05-09 01:36 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD