Hey all,

I'm new to CrackBerry, new to BlackBerry. I will be getting my Storm 9350 from Verizon this weekend.

I just wanted post on CrackBerry ahead of time and ask what updates I need to do to my device. I understand there have been a few updates since launching back in November 2008, but as of today, what is the latest official update for the Storm? How do I go about doing these updates? Is it automatically done by the handset or do I have to do it manually?

Aside from the OS updates, are there any other things I need to do for my Storm?

Any information or recommendations will be more than helpful.

Thanks!
    03-26-09 01:04 AM
    Up at the top is a 'Search Forums' link...you'll want to try that. I couldn't possibly even begin to tell you where to start...there's just too much to do to customize and make it your own. There is an OS update that you can do, and the instructions on how to do that are also there. Good luck, and enjoy! If you run into a wall search, and then post...someone will help you.
    03-26-09 01:07 AM
    Hey all,

I'm new to CrackBerry, new to BlackBerry. I will be getting my Storm 9350 from Verizon this weekend.

I just wanted post on CrackBerry ahead of time and ask what updates I need to do to my device. I understand there have been a few updates since launching back in November 2008, but as of today, what is the latest official update for the Storm? How do I go about doing these updates? Is it automatically done by the handset or do I have to do it manually?

Aside from the OS updates, are there any other things I need to do for my Storm?

Any information or recommendations will be more than helpful.

Thanks!
    There are 2 updates (THAT ARE NOT OFFICIAL) 1 - .113 and the other .114 I am also new to this phone and have tried both - .113 is much more stabiler than .114 Your phone might come with .65 (as mine did) and I updated to .75 which are verizon officials. the update to .75 is OK but you will notice slow behavior or (LAG) verizon is coming out with there official version sometime in the near future but it is not known what it is .113 or whatever they name it. Anyway as far as what else to do - PRAY
    03-26-09 01:27 AM
    Read though the "Storm Tips, How To & FAQ" forum at the top of this page. Bookmark pages of interest for future reference. Then, when you get your Storm, run down the list of bookmarks to guide you during setup. Good luck, and I hope you injury you Storm as much as I do.
    03-26-09 06:34 AM
    injury = enjoy. 8>)
    03-26-09 06:35 AM
    Read read read! That will get you up to speed on what most people feels works, how is works, why is works, and will give you an opinion of if you want to try it or not, most credible site when it comes to BB
    Last edited by Exorcist; 03-26-09 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Typo
    03-26-09 07:38 AM
    Thank you for all the feedback thus far. The first thing I will probably do is upgrade to .75 and then to either .113 or .114. As most of you have suggested, I will continue to research and read through the forums.

One question though: Is Opera Mini a must get?
    03-26-09 08:12 PM
    Thank you for all the feedback thus far. The first thing I will probably do is upgrade to .75 and then to either .113 or .114. As most of you have suggested, I will continue to research and read through the forums.

One question though: Is Opera Mini a must get?
    Your phone will most likely come with .75 as most new storms have it. I would not upgrade right away especially is you are new to bb. Play with your phone and get used to it before you try a leaked OS. And as the above poster said read read read. This site is great for bringing newbies and expert users up to date.

Welcome to CB
    03-26-09 09:31 PM
    Listen to crackberry. Ive had my BB for a little over a month, and i feel like ive had it for years because of this site. Just read read read!
    03-26-09 09:42 PM
    I agree, this site is very helpful
    03-26-09 09:57 PM
    Get an Otter box! lol
    03-26-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD