Hello everyone...
    I spoke to a Verizon rep tonight for about an hour about adding another phone to my family plan and I started talking about getting the Storm and she informed that since I can't upgrade I would have to buy it for retail. I asked her how much it would cost and she said "hold on let me check" ... I waited for about 2 minutes and she said the retail price will be $379.99! I have told a bunch of people this and nobody seems to believe me (which is understandable) but I asked her 3 more times if she was sure and she said she was. I was amazed at how cheap that is and if that is the real price and she wasn't just a moron, than you heard it hear first!

(PS I left this same response in another storm pricing post but thought it was important enough for a new topic)
    11-16-08 10:09 PM
    Another source conflicting with the screenshots of the $499.99... I do hope that this rep is speaking the truth!
    11-16-08 10:12 PM
    Hmmm, I highly doubt that would make it that Cheap. Thats more then $100 off the price that was leaked from that paper.
    Hello everyone...
    I spoke to a Verizon rep tonight for about an hour about adding another phone to my family plan and I started talking about getting the Storm and she informed that since I can't upgrade I would have to buy it for retail. I asked her how much it would cost and she said "hold on let me check" ... I waited for about 2 minutes and she said the retail price will be $379.99! I have told a bunch of people this and nobody seems to believe me (which is understandable) but I asked her 3 more times if she was sure and she said she was. I was amazed at how cheap that is and if that is the real price and she wasn't just a moron, than you heard it hear first!

(PS I left this same response in another storm pricing post but thought it was important enough for a new topic)
    BS.... 499.99 retail... You can add a line and pay the 249 - 50 MIR. That's exactly what I'm doing
    No Alan, this is not BS. A Verizon rep told me this. Whether they were incorrect or not does not change the fact that I was simply letting everyone know what I was told. Nice sunglasses.
    11-16-08 10:15 PM
    No Alan, this is not BS. A Verizon rep told me this. Whether they were incorrect or not does not change the fact that I was simply letting everyone know what I was told. Nice sunglasses.
    It is BS if they told you wrong! He's not saying UR bs!
    11-16-08 10:18 PM
    Thanks for the info, forgot to say that part. I try to take all info on here as FWIW until something official comes out. Not calling you're info BS, just the person you spoke with.

I do love my glasses though
    11-16-08 10:19 PM
    Thanks for the info, forgot to say that part. I try to take all info on here as FWIW until something official comes out. Not calling you're info BS, just the person you spoke with.

I do love my glasses though
    Gotcha. Well regardless, I hope she was right with the $379.99 price tag because it will put that less of a strain on my wallet....and I might cry from happiness.
    11-16-08 10:45 PM
    Oh ****! Burn!!!

Just kidding. But really....
    11-16-08 10:48 PM
    Oh ****! Burn!!!

Just kidding. But really....
    just don't burn my glasses,lol
    11-16-08 11:18 PM
    no way its that cheap
    11-16-08 11:20 PM
    I'll be pretty upset if she's wrong.
    11-16-08 11:23 PM
    check out VZWE's image. I hope you're right, but this looks pretty real...

11-16-08 11:28 PM
    Yea I know I saw that before, that's why I was in such disbelief when she told me the retail price was $379. We were only talking about the Storm so I don't think she was looking at a different phone, but who knows. She really seemed to know what she was doing. I'm just hoping that document is fake. I guess we'll see in a few days though.
    11-17-08 12:11 AM
    That document is not fake, they release those docs everytime a new phone is out. My guess is that your rep got a little confused with the 1 yr and the full retail. The one year before rebate is $370, so maybe thats where the confusion is.

Im not saying you didnt hear what you heard, but I just think the info you got was wrong.
    11-17-08 01:22 AM
    Thank god for the accuracy of "verizon reps told me so"! <note internet sarcasm>
    -Rik
    11-17-08 02:37 AM
    I also went up to a local store last night to see about early upgrading my 8330 to a Storm on Friday morning. I spoke with the manager and was able to convince him to let me upgrade becuase of how long I have been a Verizon customer and that I have always paid on time and the cost of my monthly plan. I asked him if he knew full retail and he did some digging on his system and came up with the 379.99 price as well. He said not to quote him or that it isnt official but that's what the back end system was telling him. He said he doubted it was accurate since the Curve and 8830 sold for much more than that full retail.
    11-17-08 09:15 AM
    Thank god for the accuracy of "verizon reps told me so"! <note internet sarcasm>
    -Rik
    Yea I know man. Listening to people who work for a company about that company's product is a pretty absurd thing to do. I'm not too sure why I ever thought she could be correct about the product she is trying to sell. I just hope that one day I can be as clever and witty as you.
    11-17-08 02:39 PM
    no need to fry the guy hes just passing info....its only some days until no one can argue about the price anyway
    11-17-08 03:01 PM
    if that document is real, and i'm not saying that it isn't, they need a new graphic designer. the gray box on the left is taller than the rest.
    11-17-08 03:17 PM
    also, the standby time says it will last 372hrs at the bottom right corner. thats 15.5 days??
    11-17-08 03:20 PM
    if that document is real, and i'm not saying that it isn't, they need a new graphic designer. the gray box on the left is taller than the rest.
    That's just because the box on the right has an extra border around it. Here is a better picture.
    11-17-08 03:22 PM
    ok, that explains it. but i still don't see it lasting 15 days on stand by
    11-17-08 03:24 PM
    ok, that explains it. but i still don't see it lasting 15 days on stand by
    Yea that does seem a bit ridiculous.

Question...The mail in rebates are only for when you are signing up for a contract right?
    11-17-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD