does anybody use the pouch that rim sent with the phone? i heard bad things about it but i want to hear if they were true
    02-03-09 04:57 PM
    the pouch that came withthe phone does not even fit the storm
    02-03-09 05:08 PM
    LOL i didn't even get a pouch with mine i got it in mid Dec goes to show that BB is trying to prevent the dust under the screen problem with a pouch...
    02-03-09 05:11 PM
    i got mine mid december and it came with the leather pouch that most BB's come with.

It was the exact same size as my curve one so it obviously didnt fit LOL.

IT was a tight squeeze qand stuck out an inch!
    02-03-09 05:13 PM
    I currently use the Standard pouch. (Can't seem to find any of those cool accessories in stores north of the border yet!) I haven't had any issues with it to date, and I've had mine for a month. What kind of issues are you referring to?
    02-03-09 05:14 PM
    No pouch here - got 1 week ago via VZW. Maybe you got a bonus Pouch/Pooch.
    02-03-09 05:15 PM
    I currently use the Standard pouch. (Can't seem to find any of those cool accessories in stores north of the border yet!) I haven't had any issues with it to date, and I've had mine for a month. What kind of issues are you referring to?
    I bought the 8800 world edition pouch from Telus - they are the identical size.
    02-03-09 05:18 PM
    No pouch here - got 1 week ago via VZW. Maybe you got a bonus Pouch/Pooch.
    That is weird - all of them from Telus come with it. It is listed as a spec.
    02-03-09 05:18 PM
    There were some problems of peoples keys getting caught in the
    Little white tab inside the case & tearing the keys off. Simple solution rip our the white tab.
    Also good to soften up case with your hands too as it is a bit tight to begin with.

The storm does stick out the top but I think its designed like that so you can have the earphone jack plugged in whilst its in case in your pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 05:22 PM
    Mine didn't come with a pouch, but I picked up and use (obviously not at the same time) both the pouch with clip and the sleeve (which is basically just the pouch without the magnetic flap and the clip).
    02-03-09 05:28 PM
    I have and still use the pouch it came with all the time... I like it, no problems here. I did cut the white tag off that was inside like cgscot said. With the sleep magnet the battery lasts for days.
    02-03-09 05:49 PM
    Pouch didn't come with my Storm either.
    02-03-09 05:58 PM
    I didnt get a pouch neither, but was purchased on 11/21. And local verizon store only had a handful of acc., and of course were all gone by time i finished getn my phone... But finally did get the leather bb storm holster...
    02-03-09 07:27 PM
    I don't believe the Storms from Verizon came with the case. I did purchase one separately thought. Yes, the top of the Storm does stick out about a 1/2 inch from the top. It's a tight fit at first, but it loosens up after a while.
    02-03-09 08:32 PM
    I have the sleeve and currently still use it despite the problems other users were having. I bought the storm on release day from verizon and it did not come bundled with the storm like the previous poster said. I instead bought it on the day before picking up the storm since I knew that most people would be buying up the accessories the next day.

02-03-09 09:38 PM
    Its leather. It will loosen up

02-03-09 10:02 PM
    yup, i like the case it COMES with... i was suprised to see how small it is tho, it is basically the same size as my old curve 1 lol but if its right about the headphone jack being accesable, that would makes sense. although i do think people using headphones could of just let the phone hang out of the holster partially n e ways and BB could of just made the pouch to fit, it wudnt make a difference to the people listening to music at all, either that or leave a hole were the jack is.

Oh well.
    02-04-09 04:18 AM
    Just a thought, but if your not listening to music I put my storm in upside down, this way the speaker on the bottom is sticking out and you can hear an incoming call much louder!

Btw, I still have trouble hearing my phone when it rings when your out and about (the ringer is set to max 10 too). Does anyone else have that problem?

Cheers
    02-04-09 05:11 AM
    I got mine on release day and it didn't come with a pouch. I use a SENA flip case and love it.
    02-04-09 06:07 AM
    Currently using the blackberry sleeve clip leather case with magnetic flap. works and fits great!
    02-06-09 12:33 PM
    I didn't think that I would use the pouch, haven't used one since ditching a Motorola Colorado.

However, never look a gift horse in the mouth, especially when it's going to spend the next two years protecting the screen. Once it loosens up, it's great. Liked it even more when I realised that it contained the magnets that I kept reading about.

02-06-09 02:11 PM
    Those of us on VZ have not and will not get a pouch or any other type of carrying case from them. Instead we received the 8GB MicroSD card. Sounds like we got the better end of that deal if the case fits that badly.
    02-06-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD