FOX News - foxnews.mobi

Check it out...
    Last edited by camoko; 06-29-09 at 11:22 AM.
    06-29-09 10:08 AM
    BlackBerry in Pocket Saves Skier's Life in Glacier Fall
    Page 1 of 1 (49 mins ago)
    A British skier who fell into a crevasse was saved from plummeting 700 feet to his death by his cell phone.

David Fitzherbert got wedged between two rocks due to the half-inch-wide BlackBerry in his breast pocket.

Incredibly, the device still worked after keeping him stuck for two hours until he was rescued.

David, 52, was skiing off-trail down a glacier in the Matterhorn and Monterosa peaks in Switzerland when the snow gave way.

The finance worker said: "The snow gave way beneath me and I fell down a very deep crevasse. After 70 feet it narrowed and I became stuck like a cork in a bottle between the walls. Fortunately the extra inches of the Blackberry were enough to block the fall."

David broke his jaw, smashed his teeth, cracked a bone in his chest and nearly tore his nose off.
    dear bb, please dont save me if this is what i will have to deal with instead!
    06-29-09 10:23 AM
    Good case for smaller is not always better. Makes me appreciate having my chunky OtterBox even more.
    06-29-09 10:25 AM
    Reminds me of the time I fell out of an airplane and threw my storm underneath me so the clickscreen acted as a trampoline to propel me to safety. Thank god for blackberries!!!
    06-29-09 11:49 AM
    Blackberry does it again.
    06-29-09 12:16 PM
    Reminds me of the time I fell out of an airplane and threw my storm underneath me so the clickscreen acted as a trampoline to propel me to safety. Thank god for blackberries!!!

10 stupid characters
    06-29-09 12:24 PM
    No, you should be thanking God that yours was not one of the Blackberries on which the clickscreen stopped working.
    06-29-09 12:27 PM
    Hip Hip Hurray for Blackberry.
    06-29-09 12:49 PM
    This was a good laugh. So before you jumped did you use the dime, business card, or the torx 1/2 turn trick to get the screen to respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 12:58 PM
    This was a good laugh. So before you jumped did you use the dime, business card, or the torx 1/2 turn trick to get the screen to respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was one of the fortunate ones that had a working clickscreen right out of the box!
    06-29-09 01:10 PM
    02-11-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD