When I uploaded OS 5.0 for my storm my blackberry messanger went missing anyone that can help let me know!!!!!
    08-30-09 08:29 PM
    When I uploaded OS 5.0 for my storm my blackberry messanger went missing anyone that can help let me know!!!!!
    BBM 5.0 is NOT compatible with the new 5.0.0.191. Go back to BBM 4.7 and alls well. I am sure there will be a fix for that soon
    08-30-09 08:32 PM
    Well thats not smart off them huh
    08-30-09 08:44 PM
    I had the same problem. tried every suggestion i could find on here and blackberryos.com What I had to do was install the OS on a machine that I had never done anything OS installs on before. It seems as if the Loader somehow caches the versions of apps you have, so I was never able to access the 4.7 that actually came packaged with the OS. When I installed the OS on another machine I was able to just choose BBM in the loader.exe list and it worked fine.
    08-30-09 08:45 PM
    I had the same problem. tried every suggestion i could find on here and blackberryos.com What I had to do was install the OS on a machine that I had never done anything OS installs on before. It seems as if the Loader somehow caches the versions of apps you have, so I was never able to access the 4.7 that actually came packaged with the OS. When I installed the OS on another machine I was able to just choose BBM in the loader.exe list and it worked fine.
    As long as you delete the OS and reinstall you should be able to see the 4.7 version. At least that's what you do to get the new IM clients.
    08-30-09 09:09 PM
    Well thats not smart off them huh
    It's smart and perfectly understandable. There is a newer version of BBM 5 that we do not have which works with 191. RIM could care less that our version doesn't work with 191 sincew were not supposed to have it anyway.
    08-30-09 10:24 PM
    thanks for that...I had same deal and your idea worked for me too!!
    08-31-09 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD