I purchased a BB Storm last week. It works well.

I'm having a slight trouble in finding the GPS on the system. There is no GPS software on my phone. Did RIM forget to install it? Is there any chance I can get the software from RIM? Also there is no Blakberry maps.

I tried through
    na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/blackberry_maps.jsp

But I get this message
    "NOTICE

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Maps."

No idea what requirements it means.

I reside in Dubai, Middle East. Du is my service provider.

BlackBerry 9500, smartphone (3G), v4.7.0.141 (Platform 4.0.0.174)
    06-07-09 09:57 AM
    I'm not sure but the first thing I would do is ring your carrier. They should hopefully shed some light on the situation.
    06-07-09 10:06 AM
    Are you sure it's not installed? Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and look through the list to see if it is there.

BTW, BB Maps for the Storm cannot be installed OTA. You must go through the Desktop Manager.
    06-07-09 10:26 AM
    Oh, one more thing... this is a common question . Try making use of Seach, this question has been answered plenty of times already .
    06-07-09 10:27 AM
    @Craterz: u spiffd up ol sig!
    06-07-09 11:34 AM
    @Craterz: u spiffd up ol sig!
    I did , looks better this way .
    06-07-09 11:37 AM
    I'm using an unlocked storm with tmobile. Even though bb maps shows up in the application list....its not accessible otherwise. Something to do with the carrier not giving you access to use it.

I would suggest installing google maps. Works great with the storm and is better than bb maps in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD