Setting up another Storm on Alltel for a friend. This is the message when I try to set up BIS on Alltel. What to do?
    03-13-09 09:34 PM
    Have your friend contact the original person he/she got if from. The seller MUST call thier carrier and release the PIN from that carrier in order for it to work.
    03-13-09 09:45 PM
    Yeah, got the email from PO stating that had been done, but still no go. How long does it take to get out of Verizon's system?
    03-13-09 09:57 PM
    So out of curiosity I went to the Verizon BIS site to see if I could punch in the PIN and MEID. Sure enough, it let me start registering. I promptly backed out of their site, but that gives me reason to believe the PIN has been released, but there is something still attached to the verizon side of blackberry. Will a call to a verizon rep do me any good? How can I even get their customer service since we are working on getting this storm set up on Alltel?
    Thanks
    Jason
    03-14-09 12:29 AM
    Have you provisioned voice on it under Alltel yet? It really shouldn't be much of an issue anyway, Alltel is Verizon now. Call Alltel and activate voice and BB data on thw account for the ESN and PIN, let them run into the issue and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 12:42 AM
    Yeah, the voice and text side of the phone is working as it should on his alltel account. I called Alltel this morning and got a less than helpful CSR who proceeded to tell me all that was wrong with trying to activate a storm on alltel. I'll call back and try again with another rep and see if I can get any further. Thanks for the help!
    03-14-09 11:59 AM
    When you call them don't tell them it's a Storm. Instead tell them it's a Pearl.

03-14-09 12:31 PM
    I had this happen when I purchased a Blackberry Nextel on EBay. What happened was the phone was brand new over stock from a large Company they never activated some of the phones so they sold them. When they are sold to someone however the ESNs are registered to the original owner and you must have a verbal release to the carrier before they can switch it. In my case no one could be found for the release so Nextel got creative and did a "Dummy" ESN on my phone at there switch and was able to activate the phone that way. It can be done.
    03-14-09 12:43 PM
    So far the moral of the story is don't call customer service on the weekend. No help at all. Any CSR's here that can help? The last two I've done (mine and another friend) the rep had no problem doing it. Was very helpful in fact. This is frustrating. I'll call alltel again Monday I guess.

03-14-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD