Is blackberry email free? i am on verizon and only have the BIS plan. the verizon people told me i need to pay more if i want email, so i've been afraid to try it out since i dont want them charging me extra for it. i have problems believing what verizon people says...
    edit: they put me on BES the first month saying it had email. i went to switch to normal $30 BIS plan and they told me not to use email or it will cost me... but my plan says "EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY" wheres the email?
    Last edited by Zz15; 08-25-09 at 11:48 PM.
    08-25-09 11:43 PM
    I thought Email was part of BIS. Isn't it Unlimited web and Email?
    08-25-09 11:56 PM
    thats what i was thinking when i log on my verizon account and saw it say "EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY" under my plan. but 4 months ago... verizon rep told me i dont have email anymore because i am not on BES anymore. i've been using the gmail app cuz of that for 4 months.... but i learned not to listen to verizon people... so i decided to ask to make sure if BIS is email too...
    08-26-09 12:00 AM
    If you pay for unlimited data email is included.
    08-26-09 12:05 AM
    BES is if you work for a company that has a blackberry server.
    With your $30 dollar BIS plan you can sync any email that you already have to your device. ex. yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol or whatever. And if you don't already have one just go to any of the above mentioned web sites and set one up for yourself. they are free. then on your blackberry go to set up and add your email from their.
    08-26-09 12:05 AM
    ha i knew it :O email was free. those lier reps! time to get pushed email now i cant believe i gone 4 months with pull email apps just cuz some rep said i dont have email anymore -.-
    08-26-09 12:07 AM
    trust, but verify.

also, don't lump every rep into the same category. I've worked with some reps that I thought "how the f*** are you still working here" because they told me info that I knew was blatantly wrong. I've also worked with some folks that I actually learned a few new tricks. each person is different.

BES differs from BIS in the sense that BES requires a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (notice the lettering?!). Usually larger companies will have those because they cost around $30k (last I heard). The company sets up service books to allow (or not allow) any and everything on the device. I've known some people who can't even use the camera on their BB because their company doesn't allow it. Also on BES, you get wireless sync of your contacts, tasks, memos, and calendar.

BIS is specifically for personal emails- essentially anything you can access from any web-connected computer. Yahoo and GMail are prime examples of this.
    08-26-09 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD