Im getting my first blackberry very soon and I'm wondering if I should get the storm or the curve? Which would be best for a serious college student...I'm starting dental hygiene in the fall and need something to help me organize and something that I can have fun on as well.
    thanks
    03-20-09 07:23 PM
    No BB will be good for a serious college student. You'll be spending too much time on your BB and not enough on studying. Just my $0.02.
    03-20-09 07:32 PM
    Curve is about to be outdated and obsolete..I also am in college and put all my tests/exams/quizzes and due dates in and with my today theme I never miss a beat!

To start What company are you with? Verizon? T-Mob? Sprint?

I would suggest a storm if with VZW or wait for the Niagara!
    03-20-09 07:32 PM
    No BB will be good for a serious college student. You'll be spending too much time on your BB and not enough on studying. Just my $0.02.
    True.. so true.... lol
    03-20-09 07:33 PM
    I am a Dental Hygienist and have a curve. Didn't have one in school but wish I had. Love it! The calendar keeps me organized and I use the memo pad for notes of all sorts!
    Last edited by Rhiannon10; 03-20-09 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Tired and can't type!
    03-20-09 07:36 PM
    I'm a high school senior and I do agree that BBs can be helpful.
    You will have to restrain yourself a bit though...
    Well, I love my storm, but for anyone considering buying a new smartphone consider
    • is blackberry the brand for you?
    • which carrier are you using/would you like to use?
    • what will you be using this phone for? is it worth it?
    • what type of keyboard would you like?
    • can you wait for a short period of time before purchasing your phone?
    • if you have verizon would you be ok with waiting for Niagara and the updated storm so that you can compare the 2?

I'm love my storm, yes, it does have a learning curve and the lack of keyboard makes the learning curve even higher for new bb users. Are you ok with that?
    03-20-09 07:38 PM
    Get the Curve. Well, get the Curve if you can get the 8900 one. If not, I would wait for the Niagara if you are on VZW.
    03-20-09 07:39 PM
    im with verizon....and when might the newer one be comming out???
    03-20-09 07:40 PM
    If I had a problem with studying I would never have gotten into dental hygiene school thank you very much!!!!!!!!!
    03-20-09 07:41 PM
    Thank you!
    03-20-09 07:44 PM
    Well speculation puts it anywhere from May to July...

go here for more info
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/

Thats the link to the Niagara thread!
    03-20-09 07:45 PM
    Niagara is rumored to be released in May for Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 07:46 PM
    I am a college student and just got the Storm. But I know people with both. Really, I think it's a preference (for VZW) of a keyboard vs. no keyboard
    03-20-09 07:48 PM
    I think it is coming up pretty soon. May or July it seems. That appears to be, on paper as well as video, to be a really outstanding device. I would wait if possible.
    03-20-09 07:48 PM
    I am also a full time college student and I find my BB irreplaceable. I would have to agree with others in here though. Either niagara or storm would be best. Niagara is rumored for verizon in may. Though, technically carrier and date are still just rumors. Anyway, best option: mess with both, see which fits you better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 07:52 PM
    I think it is coming up pretty soon. May or July it seems. That appears to be, on paper as well as video, to be a really outstanding device. I would wait if possible.
    they said that about the storm, too, in it's true in both cases.
    03-20-09 08:20 PM
    I'm a university student using a Storm for the past about two months. Makes my life so much more organized as I keep a constantly-updated calendar of my regularly-changing schedule. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Storm or the Niagara, but its personal preference which - I love the touchscreen and the SurePress, but some people hate it.
    03-20-09 08:22 PM
    my contract is up in april so Ill try to wait for the Niagara...
    03-20-09 08:25 PM
    get the storm! its awesome. has all the calendar/business functionality of all BB's, but also has the fun stuff a college student wants as well.
    03-20-09 08:27 PM
    they said that about the storm, too, in it's true in both cases.
    Oh that Storm. I remember those days well actually.
    03-20-09 08:28 PM
    The original is still the best...

03-20-09 08:30 PM

Haha I remember using a similiar model back in 94. Body was all black and people were still rockin pagers beep beep. Gosh how far everything has came =).
    03-20-09 08:39 PM
    Thanks!!!!!!
    03-20-09 08:55 PM

Now, that is hot.
    03-20-09 08:57 PM
    The storm is great for entertainment and to keep you organized. I am in high school and it is extremely fun and addictive, yet I can keep all my calendar events and emails sorted out. Overall it is productive and also soooooo awesome to pass the time.
    03-20-09 09:00 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD