Yep. If the Storm is over $199 with a 2 year I think it'll be a mistake. I'd pay $250 but I think that most people would say, "iPhone: $199. Storm: $250. AT&T here I come."
    Absolutely agree. Maybe $200 something with a rebate to make it $199. But it must be around $199 in order to compete.
    10-16-08 10:31 AM
    I just saw that to build a blackberry bold cost $162 dollars to build for RIM, if it cost similar for the Storm to build, i would think they could use a price point around 199 w/2 year contract and adding a $50 mir to bring down the cost to $150 to compete. VZW would eat some of the cost with the MIR but make its killing off the service plans. This would be the best scenario.
    10-16-08 10:53 AM
    Ok, my first time posting something like this, but here was my experience over phone sales just moments ago...

I asked about getting a Curve in order start a new Verizon plan and within 30 days "return it to get the Storm". Without me asking anything about the Storm, the sales person said that Verizon should be announcing a release date for it next week! He asked me to hold so he can confirm this, which I gladly did, and after he looked up a memo or something he confirmed that next week they will be announcing the release date.

This is just what I was told by the phone sales person, so we shall see but now I'm excited about next week.
    10-16-08 10:53 AM
    with that blackberry trade up can you send in two phones towards the purchase of a new one because i have a pearl and a curve i can send in
    10-16-08 10:58 AM
    I'd be happy to give the store and mnangers name I got my info from to one of the mods.

The $199 is with a 2 yr. contract.

The manager told me the 5-10 per store openning day was to further the hype...I'm sure they'll get daily shipments ...

MODS

{do I get a free storm being the first to have concrete info?}
    10-16-08 11:55 AM
    I'd be happy to give the store and mnangers name I got my info from to one of the mods.

The $199 is with a 2 yr. contract.

The manager told me the 5-10 per store openning day was to further the hype...I'm sure they'll get daily shipments ...

MODS

{do I get a free storm being the first to have concrete info?}
    Thanks for the info labud. Not sure if I'd call it concrete though... there's a zillion "A guy at VZW/RIM told me..." posts.
    10-16-08 12:09 PM
    Just returned from my daily harassment visit to the local VZ store. The store manager put my name on an in-house list that they are using to reserve stock for when the phone was released. He said that all the stores have been encouraged to do this to ensure that they have enough devices for the "dedicated" enthusiasts. He also said that his store is giving renewals and new customers priority when the phone is released. A couple of interesting things he said: 1. The phone will have a simultaneous web/store release. 2. It was pushed back a couple of times to work out the bugs but they have been told that the device is now ready and waiting for adequate quantities before launch. I know its another "a rep told me" post but I found the info interesting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 01:04 PM
    Wow, all you guys are actually getting information from your VZW stores. I've went to about 4 in my area (2 retail stores, 2 kiosks) and no one seems to know anything.
    10-16-08 01:15 PM
    This simultaneous release stuff doesn't make sense to me. What does it hurt Verizon for the "enthusiasts" to be able to order them as SOON as they are available (online)?

Just returned from my daily harassment visit to the local VZ store.
    lol
    10-16-08 01:16 PM
    i have been hearing similar things.
    10-16-08 01:20 PM
    He said that the phone release info delay was purely a stock issue and that they were trying to avoid an iphone situation. He also said that its very possible that , stock permitting, the phone will be out at the end of the month. He did reccomend buying online though as the telesales people have more "wiggle" room when it comes to pricing and the rebates , which he said this phone will have, are instant.

10-16-08 01:47 PM
    It was pushed back a couple of times to work out the bugs but they have been told that the device is now ready and waiting for adequate quantities before launch. I know its another "a rep told me" post but I found the info interesting.
    Of all the bits I've heard today, that's my favorite
    10-16-08 01:56 PM
    Well its not exactly "a rep told me" post, but a high up Executive for verizon told me it will be out in december before christmas obviously, but no exact date. I already no its coming, everyone on here is going to say who is this guy, he's a newbie, he only had 10 posts this and that. well to be honest with you i'm so firkin tired of herring that. every single person on here was a newbie once, so get over it. Stop being childish and and except the post as if someone else wrote it who's on here 24/7. Well thats all i got, enjoy.
    10-16-08 02:10 PM
    Wow. Did an "abuser/genius" give you a wedgie or something? I think we might need a noob anger management thread!

10-16-08 02:15 PM
    December.... uhhh, no. That exec has been out of the office playin golf too much or something.
    10-16-08 02:23 PM
    Haha ok, cause you no so much right? you must have heard it from a rep. just like everyone else. or all of these so called "insiders" on here.
    10-16-08 02:28 PM
    If you want credibility, let me give a few examples of what your first few posts should look like.
    1. Thanks for the info guys!
    2. What would I do without you crucial!
    3. Really! Kevin federline is my hero too! Oh wait, I meant the other kevins.
    4. What would I do without crackberry.com?

Hope this helps!

10-16-08 02:29 PM
    If you want credibility, let me give a few examples of what your first few posts should look like.
    1. Thanks for the info guys!
    2. What would I do without you crucial!
    3. Really! Kevin federline is my hero too! Oh wait, I meant the other kevins.
    4. What would I do without crackberry.com?

Hope this helps!

What is that exactly what your first post were? sorry i dont like to kiss ***, just telling you the facts. You should be telling me thank you for the info, what would i do without you crlata, your my hero.
    10-16-08 02:36 PM
    If you go back and read the previous posts it's quite amusing.
    10-16-08 02:38 PM
    Haha ok, cause you no so much right? you must have heard it from a rep. just like everyone else. or all of these so called "insiders" on here.
    lol no, but when 99% of the speculation from VZW through stores, reps, phone sales, etc. (not to mention crackberry.com) say early to mid November, then yes December is a joke.
    10-16-08 02:38 PM
    Actually I was kinda an a$$ too and nobody believed a word I said either. And frankly, to be so upset about what people on a BlackBerry forum think about you makes me wonder if maybe you should be getting ready for bed soon. Big day at school tomorrow, your learning fractions!

10-16-08 02:40 PM
    What is that exactly what your first post were? sorry i dont like to kiss ***, just telling you the facts. You should be telling me thank you for the info, what would i do without you crlata, your my hero.
    If your dad owns VZW you'd think he could have sent you to a better school...
    10-16-08 02:46 PM
    Actually I was kinda an a$$ too and nobody believed a word I said either. And frankly, to be so upset about what people on a BlackBerry forum think about you makes me wonder if maybe you should be getting ready for bed soon. Big day at school tomorrow, your learning fractions!

Really! Really! Thats original
    10-16-08 02:46 PM
    I'm pretty sure it is actually... Was that supposed to be some sort or retort? "oh you brought it! I just got served! Nah I mean sun!"

10-16-08 02:49 PM
    anyways i'm kinda getting bored of all of this, but december it is. thats what my point was all about. not to waist time and argue with you guys. so take it or leave it. peace.
    10-16-08 02:53 PM
1,179 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD