BlackBerrry Storm 9530 Help:

Troubleshoot and Issues:
    1.) Is there a fix or some sort of patch, or deletion to fix the multiple Ringtone bug? There is Ringtone duplication under the Sounds Menu.

2.) What is the best way to edit contacts on the blackberry and transfer them to my pc. (Ala Palm Desktop)
    SubQuestion: I was thinking of outlook, but does outlook do this with an email account? I want the PHONE contacts not email contacts. etc, transfered, I am a bit lost and can't find a solid resource.

3.) Is the Visual Voicemail free? I have the 29.99 unlimited plan with Verizon? If not, how do I set up my voicemail on the Blackberry?

4.) How do I move the icons around in its desktop?

Thank you
    12-28-08 07:41 PM
    1 - Not sure what you're referring to here
    2 - Outlook is the best way. It will sync the email addresses too but they come in handy when you want to send a message from your berry anyway
    3 - VVM is $2.99 / month
    4 - Highlight the icon, hit menu key, move, put icon where you want.
    12-28-08 07:47 PM
    1. Basically, I transfered a ringtone I made, it made the speaker vibrate, I deleted and transfered the edited version. Did that a few times, until I got the right sound range, and even then I am not using my custom ringtone, because I don't want to mess up the speaker. And unfortunately it shows 6 copies of that ringtone in the Sounds Buttons. While on the memory card, and Media button theres only one copy. I saw other threads talking about this, so I figured it was a bug.

2. I don't have my aol email on my outlook, and I don't want its AOL contacts to it, is there another way? I just want to edit the actual phone contacts, though How do I sync to Outlook 2007?

3. Ok so how do I set up normal Voicemail? I don't really need it to be Visual.

4. Thank you

5. I presume Verizon Navigator also costs money?, I have a Magellan, should I delete it?

6. Lastly It mentions there Software updates for AIM, Facebook, etc, however when it goes to find them/download them, it finds nothing?

7. How can I type in Japanese on my BlackBerry?

Thanks for the quick response!
    Last edited by pc1x1; 12-28-08 at 08:00 PM.
    12-28-08 07:53 PM
    1 - Gotcha. I haven't seen this bug yet - sorry.
    2 - If you still have your old phone you can take it to a VZW store and have them do it for you. On AOL - is there a way to export your contacts? To sync outlook - connect your BB to your PC using the Desktop Manager that came w/ your phone and it should prompt you from there.
    3 - First - if you aren't going to use the VVM feature - I would go into your applications and delete the app - it will free up a TON of memory for you. To set up your regular VM you should be able to press and hold "1" to go into your VM promts.
    4 - No problem
    5 - Yeah - VZ nav is pretty expensive. I would delete the app. It also takes up a lot of memory.
    3 -
    12-28-08 08:00 PM
    1. Pending Bug

2. They transfered my old contacts, so that part is fine, though personally, my favorite Contacts application was my Sony Clie Palm Desktop, that thing was awesome, easy to edit, quick, and fully featured, I can't believe the BlackBerry is lacking that, I hope to make alot of friends lol, with the BlackBerry so it would be nice to be able to edit the contacts on the computer.

3. Awaiting Deletion

4. Issue Resolved

5. Awaiting Deletion

6. Ninja Edit Incoming

7. Ninja Edit Incoming
    12-28-08 08:03 PM
    VZ navigator is around $10/month..stupid.
    12-28-08 08:03 PM
    VZ navigator is around $10/month..stupid.
    I sure hope you mean their service is "stupid" however please do not use any derogatory terms on my thread please. That goes for anyone in the future, feel free to tell me something is not good or worth it, but in a nice way
    12-28-08 08:08 PM
    Good answers and good questions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 08:09 PM
    I sure hope you mean their service is "stupid" however please do not use any derogatory terms on my thread please. That goes for anyone in the future, feel free to tell me something is not good or worth it, but in a nice way
    I am sure she meant the charge from vzw.

12-28-08 08:11 PM
    1. Pending Bug

2. They transfered my old contacts, so that part is fine, though personally, my favorite Contacts application was my Sony Clie Palm Desktop, that thing was awesome, easy to edit, quick, and fully featured, I can't believe the BlackBerry is lacking that, I hope to make alot of friends lol, with the BlackBerry so it would be nice to be able to edit the contacts on the computer.

3. Awaiting Deletion

4. Issue Resolved

5. Awaiting Deletion

6. Ninja Edit Incoming

7. Ninja Edit Incoming
    Yeah - the palm desktop was pretty sweet. I think that outlook would be your best bet but then again - if you don't want ALL of your outlook contacts on your berry you would have to delete them manually and that's a pain.
    12-28-08 08:13 PM
    LOL ... not exactly yours, but CrackBerry's.
    12-28-08 08:16 PM
    Palm was the innovator and the best in terms of PIM.

12-28-08 08:17 PM
    Palm was the innovator and the best in terms of PIM.

- YUP
    12-28-08 08:20 PM
    1. Ringtone Duplication Bug: See Above [Pending]

2. I will just use the BlackBerry and Enter Manually, seems like the safest thing to do, so there isn't duplicate items, etc. At least for now. [Issue Resolved]

3. Visual Voice Mail [Deleted]
    Normal Voicemail: Can I make a button that dials automatically to my voicemail? Similar to the Visual Voice Mail Button?

4. Move Icons [Issue Resolved]

5. Verizon Navigator [Deleted] [Issue Resolved]

6. Lastly It mentions there Software updates for AIM, Facebook, etc, however when it goes to find them/download them, it finds nothing? Theres seems to be two entries in the ADD/Remove, I guess its because I installed them on the BlackBerry itself, and not through the computer, and they were preloaded? Anyway to reset that?

7. How can I type in Japanese on my BlackBerry?

Thanks for the quick response!
    12-28-08 08:22 PM
    3 - Speed dial is the only one I know. The "press and hold 1 option
    6 - Probably have to manually delete or you can restore the factory settings but then you'll lose everything else you've done
    7 - You would have to find and install the language on your device and I'm not very experienced in that department.
    12-28-08 08:31 PM
    3. Well I added Voicemail to my contacts, and call it from there, better then nothing I guess, heh.

6. I did manually delete just theres a greyed out box one, and then theres one that has a check, its X_X, but it works, and its not to bad, at least doesn't warrant a restore. So far I think RIM is still tweaking the software, as theres alot of garbage clean up problems, otherwise this thing is very solid.

7. Japanese is installed, I just don't know how to access it, I can type in Romanji fine, but does not convert characters etc.
    12-28-08 08:54 PM
    i have the VZ Storm with the latest updates, when ever i type in vz navigator it only works properly in multitap mode. wont work correctly in suretype. any help here? it stinks to have to go to options and change the settings everytime i use the VZ nav program.
    01-19-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD