Hello,
    I am new to BB storm. Recently as the screen was about to switch to another position, it blurred a little and now it has this big black spot on it as if some liquid got into it. Only it did not come into any contact with water. The touch screen still works though. I am not sure what to do, please advise. Thank you very much ahead of time. Here are the pics, sorry if they are not too clear but I hope you can see the spot.
    09-07-09 10:05 AM
    To the right of the memory card slot under the battery door should be a red and white spot. That is the moisture indicator. The red and the white run together to make more pink than anything if it is exposed to moisture. The only other thing I can think of is that the LCD might be leaking. If it is, be very careful. Liquid Crystal is highly toxic.
    09-07-09 10:23 AM
    Yeah I'm thinking you better return it. If the moisture indicators are fine you will get a new phone for sure.
    09-07-09 10:36 AM
    Same exact thing happened to me. Started out about the size of an eraser, then grew to about the size of a .50 pc.

The same morning the spot grew, my esc or back button stopped working. I restarted the phone, and it went to SAFE MODE...which apparently happens when you hold esc while restarting. I never knew this.

Problem was, i could never get it out of safe mode.

I went to Verizon, they said it looked like water, eventhough the indicators showed otherwise. Completely dry.

They ended up giving me a new phone, and acted like they were doing me a favor becasuse, according to them, it was water???

I can say with 100% certainty it was not water.

Dont know what it was, but it wasnt water, and my phone was def. messed up.

Id take it back, and they should replace it. Just dont let them act like its a "favor".

JM.02
    09-07-09 11:55 AM
    this happened to my buddies phone after he set it down a little too hard on a granite counter top. They ended up replacing it but they said this happens fairly often if the phone has a hard impact of some sort.
    09-07-09 11:59 AM
    its kinda weird because it doesn't even look like damage an impact would cause, if it looked like a cracked screen then that would make sense. but what it kinda looks like as if the reflective stuff in the screen got messed up in that area causing it to be so much darker.
    09-07-09 12:28 PM
    Thats crazy, please return the phone immediately.
    09-07-09 12:40 PM
    its kinda weird because it doesn't even look like damage an impact would cause, if it looked like a cracked screen then that would make sense. but what it kinda looks like as if the reflective stuff in the screen got messed up in that area causing it to be so much darker.
    for some reason if something fairly hard hits the back it can do that... same thing goes with any kind of LCD screen.
    09-07-09 02:01 PM
    i know what your talking about but usually it doesn't look like this one does when its impact damage, its hard to describe but it looks different than that.

edit: actually i take that back looking at the other picture i was to lazy to look at early it does appear to be a cracked lcd which is most likely caused by impact or a lot of pressure on the device.
    Last edited by raluaces; 09-07-09 at 06:14 PM.
    09-07-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD