My Storm has .65 preloaded. Is it necessary to up it to .75, then to .83 when it officially comes out? Or just go straight to .83?
    12-19-08 12:37 PM
    No, you can go straight to .83.

Do a search for wiping your device with "JL_Cmdr", it will help.
    12-19-08 12:38 PM
    My Storm has .65 preloaded. Is it necessary to up it to .75, then to .83 when it officially comes out? Or just go straight to .83?
    I would go to .75. There's no way of knowing if and when .83 will be released.
    12-19-08 12:41 PM
    Thanks all. But is it necessary to also wipe device before upgrading?
    12-19-08 12:44 PM
    Bump?

10 char rule
    12-19-08 01:03 PM
    Couple of things that will keep you out of hot water around here...

First, read, http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/.

Bumping
    This refers to posting with the deliberate intention to either pad your post count or to keep a thread 'hot' so it appears at the top of the forum. Bumping can sometimes be useful, but you must wait three days from the original post to bump the thread. Only one bump is allowed per thread per user. CrackBerry.com's moderator�s reserve the right to delete useless �bumps� at their discretion.

Second, use the search tool. There are lots of threads out there about these subjects.

If you are comfortable with your Blackberry skills, go the .83 route...i.e. read the threads about where to download it, how to back up your contacts and where/how to get/use JL_Cmdr.

If you aren't comfortable with your skilss, do the OTA to .75 and wait out.

.83 will be official eventually. If I remember, the .75 leak came out only a few days before the official VZW version.
    12-19-08 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD