I read that I could setup a gmail account by logging into this website https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw.

I tried entering my PIN and MEID under 'create new account' however it said there was already an account.

I then tried the 'forgot password' option and it sent me a message saying the username and password did not exist...

What am I doing wrong?

The only notable thing is that my phone is used. I bought it 'like new' from a Verizon store but it had been returned by a customer. I didn't want to wait the two weeks to get a new one so I just took this one.

Any ideas on what's going on?
    12-30-08 12:05 AM
    Have you tried using email setup directly from the phone?
    12-30-08 12:08 AM
    yeah and its working fine but I read something about being able to get a better interface if I set it up through that website.
    12-30-08 12:10 AM
    what username & password do you use on the phone? Its the same online.
    12-30-08 12:14 AM
    there's a bug I think with doing it from your phone, had to call verizon for them to fix it
    12-30-08 12:15 AM
    There is no bug. If you start out by setting up email directly from the Email Setup app on the phone, Verizon doesn't force you to create a username and password for the BIS account management first (STUPID MOVE VERIZON, I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS!!!). Because of this, you cannot manage it online unless you go into the Email Setup app on the phone and hit Menu and Create Username and Password from the choices. Then setup a userid and password of your choosing (something meaningful that you'll remember... perhaps your first initial last name or something along those lines). Then you can use the BIS website on your PC from that point on to manage your account if you wish.
    12-30-08 12:35 AM
    There is no bug. If you start out by setting up email directly from the Email Setup app on the phone, Verizon doesn't force you to create a username and password for the BIS account management first (STUPID MOVE VERIZON, I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS!!!). Because of this, you cannot manage it online unless you go into the Email Setup app on the phone and hit Menu and Create Username and Password from the choices. Then setup a userid and password of your choosing (something meaningful that you'll remember... perhaps your first initial last name or something along those lines). Then you can use the BIS website on your PC from that point on to manage your account if you wish.
    Thanks! Worked great.
    12-30-08 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD