So, I recently got the $40/month prepaid blackberry plan from rogers (about an hour ago).
    I put the SIM card in my unlocked storm 9530 (from bell), got service (SMS, voice, etc) but no BIS. I got only "edge" when i should be getting "EDGE".

So I thought that maybe my PIN was blocked (I bought it used a couple of days ago.) So I thought, what the heck, I'll try my brother's SIM card on fido prepaid with the exact same blackberry social plan. It worked fine! Facebook, BBM, etc was working.

So what gives? I already sent the registration thing from Host routing table, tried doing a battery pull, and even a wipe, but nothing
    Or does it just take time for it to activate?

My storm is currently running on 4.7, if that helps.
    05-02-11 03:33 PM
    Did you happen to turn off your phones radio and then back on? I have seen some carriers require a reset like that before the service books get sent. But it should almost be instant once the feature becomes active.

Wish I could offer more information.
    05-02-11 04:17 PM
    try to contact the carrier and ask them about it...
    05-05-11 05:12 AM
    I would try registering on the rogers blackberry email site. .. I would also upgrade the software
    05-05-11 03:11 PM
    same thing happened and still happens with me in Bulgaria driving me crazy!
    i got the bb plan but no internet, i called the call center all they can tell me is pull out the battery wait for some time than stick it back in and it will work. well apparently it doesnt!
    05-11-11 10:49 AM
    There are a lot of issues running a Storm 1/2 unlocked on Rogers...

I went through it for years. Here is what helped for me.

Options, advanced options, TCP, unselect everything! Don't use any APN settings.

Mobile network options, select 2g only.

You may have to turn off the network connections once or twice after that, but eventually you'll get EDGE.

Good luck!

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    05-11-11 12:04 PM
    My BB shows EDGE but I can't connect no bbm no FB help me plzzzz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 05:37 PM
    You're going to have to do a bit better than that if you want some help. What device/carrier/OS?
    05-18-11 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD