Running 151 on Verizon, BIS, when I take a picture, I cannot email it since I get an attachment size limit error. However I can MMS it to an email address. I can't find a setting that would allow me to email the same picture. I checked and the picture JPG file is under 500k.

Is this a bug in 151, a limitation of Verizon, or a limitation of the Storm?
    09-08-09 07:46 AM
    None of the above. Sadly I don't have an answer for ya, but can tell that its not because of anything with 151, Verizon, nor the Storm. There is a cap on BIS emails but if the picture is less than 500k it should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 07:52 AM
    That's weird... I don't seem to have any problem sending the pictures that I snap from my phone's camera... Its how I had to send pics to my friends with iPhones. Have you call CS yet and asked?
    09-08-09 08:15 AM
    That's weird... I don't seem to have any problem sending the pictures that I snap from my phone's camera... Its how I had to send pics to my friends with iPhones. Have you call CS yet and asked?
    I have not called. All I have tried to do is send as email, and I have tried it from the various email accounts on the Storm, including the vzw.blackberry.net one, and always get the error "The total attachment size exceeds the maximum allowed size". I guess I will call CS even though I am not on the official 148.
    09-08-09 08:35 AM
    Just for clarification I mostly use GMail.
    09-08-09 08:54 AM
    Just for clarification I mostly use GMail.
    I use gmail and yahoo as well as Verizon and the vzw.blackberry.net. I will even get this error immediately upon switching from the default account. In other words, when I have selected send as email, and the box appears where you can enter an address and the default account is listed at the top with a dropdown menu, if I change that account, I will get the error immediately, before I actually try to send the picture.

On the phone with CS now and they don't know why this won't work either.

Edit - CS can't figure it out and offered to replace it. I don't want to go through that trouble though. Also asked if it had been wiped which I had done last week anyway. I also went to the default theme and rebooted with no luck.
    Last edited by amarryat; 09-08-09 at 10:03 AM.
    09-08-09 08:59 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services. What is messaging set to?
    09-08-09 10:36 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services. What is messaging set to?
    Messaging is set to my Yahoo email address.
    09-08-09 12:33 PM
    Running 151 on Verizon, BIS, when I take a picture, I cannot email it since I get an attachment size limit error. However I can MMS it to an email address. I can't find a setting that would allow me to email the same picture. I checked and the picture JPG file is under 500k.

Finally got this resolved with help from Verizon and then RIM. Looks like a corrupt BIS account was the culprit.
    11-17-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD