So I'm mad right now, I rebooted to find BING along with a new vcast video icon on my homescreen. As if that wasn't enough, clicking on em only gives you a 502 bad gateway error!

VZW if you're going to harass us with bullshyte like bing at least make sure it works first!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 01:09 PM
    Do you mean BING?

11-01-09 01:11 PM
    I neva unerstand why ppl get so upset .. just HIDE them .. big deal
    11-01-09 01:12 PM
    You do know you can just delete them right? not hide, but actually delete them...
    11-01-09 01:16 PM
    You do know you can just delete them right? not hide, but actually delete them...
    no you cant.....
    11-01-09 01:17 PM
    I just put them in a folder called "Crap I don't want" and hide the folder. Problem solved.

11-01-09 01:17 PM
    Yea.. everything that i can't delete, i've put in a folder, and hid it all..
    works quite well hah
    11-01-09 01:20 PM
    no you cant.....
    Well when I delete them from my Service Books they disappear...
    11-01-09 01:24 PM
    Yep, hide them, no problem and when I clicked on them, they wanted to load a software program. If you are getting a 502, then you have more problems than just a couple of crappy icons.

Deleting the service books does nothing. They will be back in a few days if not sooner.
    11-01-09 01:24 PM
    I neva unerstand why ppl get so upset .. just HIDE them .. big deal
    Hiding them is not the point. The point is that VZW pushing craps like BING, VCast Music, VCast Video, etc. It would be more thoughtful of them if they just add those optional apps in Application Center rather than pushing those stupid icons into the home screen. Those are optional apps.

When it comes to me hiding them; I created a folder with a name "Junk" and moved all of the so-called VZW pushed icons into that folder and HID the "Junk" folder for once. So, everytime a new icon is pushed into my home screen, I immediately move it to my hidden "Junk" folder.

VZW is just about to be a pain in my @$$!
    Last edited by Dragoneer; 11-01-09 at 01:30 PM.
    11-01-09 01:26 PM
    Yep, hide them, no problem and when I clicked on them, they wanted to load a software program. If you are getting a 502, then you have more problems than just a couple of crappy icons.

Deleting the service books does nothing. They will be back in a few days if not sooner.
    Hmmm well I'll be looking for when they come back. Been a while now since I've seen them
    11-01-09 01:26 PM
    Well when I delete them from my Service Books they disappear...
    Yeah, they disappear every time I delete them from my Service Books then they reappear after every battery pull.
    11-01-09 01:28 PM
    Hiding them is not the point. The point is that VZW pushing craps like BING, VCast Music, VCast Video, etc. It would be more thoughtful of them if they just add those optional apps in Application Center rather than pushing those stupid icons into the home menu. Those are optional apps.

When it comes to me hiding them; I created a folder with a name "Junk" and moved all of the so-called VZW pushed icons into that folder and HID the "Junk" folder for once. So, everytime a new icon is pushed into my home menu, I immediately move it to my hidden "Junk" folder.

VZW is just about to be a pain in my @$$!
    Youre right ... I never thought of that .. the 4.27 seconds it takes to do that can ruin a beautiful Sunday. Damn them !!
    11-01-09 01:29 PM
    Hmmm well I'll be looking for when they come back. Been a while now since I've seen them
    pull your battery and check again...happens every time

oh, and big deal- hide them. they're just launchers to download the programs anyway. and about the bad gateway error, that's a RIM issue, and a known issue at that right now.
    11-01-09 01:29 PM
    Youre right ... I never thought of that .. the 4.27 seconds it takes to do that can ruin a beautiful Sunday. Damn them !!
    LOL!! Good riddance.
    11-01-09 01:32 PM
    "User Error: Please Replace User" should be an error message.

hahahaha ..love dat !!
    It is not just Verizon that do this. at&t do it and so do many other carriers. This is just business. No need to get upset. Just do what others have said and put the unwanted icons in a folder and then hide the folder.

There is practically no memory impact either since these things are just links delivered via Service Books.
    It is not just Verizon that do this. at&t do it and so do many other carriers. This is just business. No need to get upset. Just do what others have said and put the unwanted icons in a folder and then hide the folder.

There is practically no memory impact either since these things are just links delivered via Service Books.
    Ohh, thanks for making us VZW customers feel a bit better. But still, those unwanted icons popping up in our home screen from nowhere is getting redicilous. Wouldn't you agree?
    11-01-09 01:39 PM
    Ohh, thanks for making us VZW customers feel a bit better. But still, those unwanted icons popping up in our home screen from nowhere is getting redicilous. Wouldn't you agree?
    Yes I do agree. It's a pita but I don't let it worry me. My O2 (UK) account does it and so does my US at&t account. In the case of GSM devices, all you have to do is to SWITCH ON the phone with the card inserted and it splatters stuff all over the screen. Then you get more when the Service Books come through.

I tried deleting the Service Books and they just come back. The only way is the way described in at least two posts. Copy to a folder and hide the folder.
    11-01-09 01:48 PM
    Blame it on a 5 year deal between Microsoft and Verizon. Microsoft Brings Bing To Mobile Through Verizon Wireless Partnership And More | mocoNews

11-01-09 01:48 PM
    They should at least give us power users an option to opt out of this crap. All the apps they push to the devices are available for download anyway. We know where to find them if we want them.Otherwise... leave us alone. Dont need this crap! Call VZW and complain about it, the more prople that do this there may come a day they stop it, or give an option to stop it.

11-01-09 01:49 PM
    Blame it on a 5 year deal between Microsoft and Verizon. Microsoft Brings Bing To Mobile Through Verizon Wireless Partnership And More | mocoNews

Well, Bing is an exception. Microsoft is so desperate to push it that they will sign just about anything to get the product in your face.

Me, I use Google, always have always will.
    11-01-09 01:51 PM
    They should at least give us power users an option to opt out of this crap. All the apps they push to the devices are available for download anyway. We know where to find them if we want them.Otherwise... leave us alone. Dont need this crap! Call VZW and complain about it, the more prople that do this there may come a day they stop it, or give an option to stop it.

I agree. AT&T customers need to complain also. I have a folder called "useless" with all the AT&T junk.

11-01-09 01:52 PM
    Well, Bing is an exception. Microsoft is so desperate to push it that they will sign just about anything to get the product in your face.

Me, I use Google, always have always will.
    I love Windows 7 and MS Office. Other than that I don't use any other MS stuff. I use the Google search engine and the Firefox browser.

11-01-09 01:54 PM
    Yes I do agree. It's a pita but I don't let it worry me. My O2 (UK) account does it and so does my US at&t account. In the case of GSM devices, all you have to do is to SWITCH ON the phone with the card inserted and it splatters stuff all over the screen. Then you get more when the Service Books come through.

I tried deleting the Service Books and they just come back. The only way is the way described in at least two posts. Copy to a folder and hide the folder.
    Ah, I better stop complaining now since you've made it clear that it's not just VZW doing it. Been moving those unwanted icons into the hidden Junk folder since day one anyways.
    11-01-09 01:56 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD