DUDE.. I just spit water all over my computer screen, my boss thinks i am nuts.

I want a special new team at my beckon call!!
    lol

By the way, jealousy gets you nowhere
    i'm not jealous, i was on the news too. back in 3rd grade i was on the news for participating in a luncheon to promote cultural awareness and tolerance.

lol granted, i was just eating at a chinese restaurant, but still.
    11-19-08 02:46 PM
    Hey there buddy, go jump in a lake (Since what I originally wrote was edited).

... Apparently CB doesn't support free speech) ? ...
    Most folks will respond to a warning, you are pushing the limits.

Play nice, or else.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-19-08 at 02:50 PM.
    11-19-08 02:47 PM
    I heard that each corporate store is getting 2 also. 1 for demo and 1 to sell. Each kiosk is getting only 1. Half for their demo and the other half they can sell.

Verizon is going to have phones. Lets take the lowest number of phones that people have heard that will be going out Friday and divide that by the number of stores.

400,000 units / 2,400 stores = about 170 units per store.

Now lets take the most that someone has heard.

1.2 million units / 2,400 stores = 500 units per store

If you want to wait out at 6am to get a phone that you will be able to get after work, be my guest. I'll be sleeping in my bed when you guys are waiting in line.

Let me be clear... when the verizon CSR supervisor said that they had 1.2 million units, that was not all for stores, but it included what they have in warehouses for Direct Fulfillment.

If i had to guess, i would say that both numbers are close to right. probably about 500,000 to stores PLUS another 700,000 for additional shippments the next day. (Shipments to BOTH individuals/clients AND to Stores, depending on how sales go on the first day.)

Either way, i really do believe that there is no reason to stress.

Just my $0.02
    11-19-08 02:50 PM
    Hello All,
    I totally agree with some on here. People think for one second.
    Does anyone remember the Sony PS3 launch.? Remember the lines and people camping waiting for them. LMAO, I was one of those idiots and I had put two people on line waiting for them too. There was ONLY 25 available at the BestBuy I was waiting in line at in Florida and I had 3 of them. Thank god for ebay, lol.

Anyway, this is pure marketing and Verizon being outshined by Apple and ATT with the iphone, wants to make their splash too. Perception is reality. Verizon wants you to believe there will be a shortage and people will NOT get their phones. Simple supply vs. demand issue. If they make you think the supply is very low, the demand rises. If there are plenty out there and the supply is great, demand will be lower. This is basic economics and the way it really works.

When the Wii first came out, there was plenty of supply. Then the demand got hot and people started buying them up. The word got around that the Wii was the unit to have, people went crazy for them. Still they are hot for the holiday season and there is plenty of supply. The funny part is they are hard to find, lol. WHY.? Just like I said above, they need to create a frenzy of demand and then people will make the demand tremendous.

I was told by the head sales guy at my local BestBuy that they will have PLENTY of Storms on Friday for the Launch. I asked him if I could buy it without a contract and he said no problem, it would just be $ 599 instead of the price of $ 249. So, my local BestBuy will have more than enough, he said.

I am sure the supply will be more than enough for everyone. But we will have to wait and see. I do not think Verizon has a lot of people on Blackberry, like the others do. Maybe they are trying to change that and get more people over to Verizon.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

SBE
    11-19-08 03:31 PM
    Ok, so lets say there is enough for demand. It is ridiculous that VZW is limiting the launch to their stores and Best Buys. Agent locations are what made VZW what they are today, and they are cutting out the individual business owners to put more money in there pocket.

So I guess we'll just get early and outright buy competitors stock and return it when we get ours.
    11-19-08 03:49 PM
    OH my gosh.. I called all the stores in tampa and all said they are getting 5 dummy phones and a light shower... NO STORMS!! Oh my my my my..
    So, which store in Tampa do you plan on going to?
    11-19-08 03:58 PM
    So, which store in Tampa do you plan on going to?

I preordered from Best Buy

The economy in Tampa is as bad as it gets, I DOUBT there will be a run on BB Storms.
    11-19-08 04:04 PM
    just spoke to a rep (Michelle) in downtown Pittsburgh and she told me that they are getting a lot less than they anticipated. She also said that if you stop by and they are out they will ship one to you. She didn't expect them to last very long though.
    11-19-08 04:04 PM
    The Wii was in huge demand when it came out in 2006. I clearly recall my brother camping out for it along with about 50 other people at a local Target. The Wii didn't get popular due to buzz, it got popular cause it was a great product from day one.
    11-19-08 04:12 PM
    I heard today from the Manager at the Verizon Corp store in the Circuit City today that they have not receive there shipment yet and it was his understanding that it will only be D Bill on Friday only and no one will have stock (you go in and order and then they drop ship it to your address). Not sure how true that is but that is what he said. Mainly because he said most stores get there shipments on Friday and he gets theirs on Sunday.
    Told him that there could be a possibility of a late ship Thursday which is unscheduled. Dont know but just passing on what he said either way I am planning on them having them Friday morning like the rest of the crackberry nation.
    11-19-08 04:14 PM
    I just got a call from my local verizon store as a result of being on the call list. The young lady told me that the Storm would be available friday and they were opening at 7:00 am. She said they hadn't received their stock yet and didn't know how many were going to be available. She also didn't know the pricing yet and was happy when I told her of the pricing on the web page. I asked how many were on the call list and she said about 40 or so and that many she had called were not coming in on Friday. I'll be there at 7 with my coffee and a heavy coat as we are expecting snow that day. I am not telling you my town because all of those yahoos from Denver might show up!
    11-19-08 04:41 PM
    The Wii was in huge demand when it came out in 2006. I clearly recall my brother camping out for it along with about 50 other people at a local Target. The Wii didn't get popular due to buzz, it got popular cause it was a great product from day one.

Good points but also the demographics for both are very very different...
    11-19-08 04:46 PM
    Just do what I'm planning on doing. There is a Home Depot next to my Verizon Corp store, so I'm just gonna Hire one of the "Day Laborers" to wait in line for me at 4am. I mean they are already waiting out in from of Home Depot then so they might as well get paid for standing there.
    11-19-08 04:47 PM
    What exactly would be the WORST CASE SCENARIO? I live and work in Los Angeles and my closest Verizon store has 15-20 people in line on a NORMAL business day. Assuming that there will be quite a few people waiting in line for the STORM come Monday, what would be my chances if I tried to stroll in about an hour after they open?
    11-19-08 04:49 PM
    From what one of the managers just told me, at one of the less popular stores in NYC, it seems like if you're not there an hour or so before opening, you may be screwed. I might just pay the extra $20 and get overnight shipping for Saturday delivery... Why deal with the lines (and COLD weather) for an extra 24 hour wait...?
    11-19-08 04:55 PM
    I have been in close contact with my local Verizon store, and they just had a conference call this afternoon at 2pm to discuss the launch of the Storm. They found out that their store is only getting 11 units, and that even the biggest stores in Atlanta will only be getting 21 units each.

Apparently there was a last minute software upgrade done to all of the stock, so even though there are plenty of units available, they haven't all been updated yet so they won't all be available on Friday. The store offered to let me pre-order one before they open that will be delivered next Tuesday, but I really want one on Friday so I am going to risk standing in line. At least I know how many other people can be in front of me when I get there.
    11-19-08 04:57 PM
    From what one of the managers just told me, at one of the less popular stores in NYC, it seems like if you're not there an hour or so before opening, you may be screwed. I might just pay the extra $20 and get overnight shipping for Saturday delivery... Why deal with the lines (and COLD weather) for an extra 24 hour wait...?
    Can you get Saturday delivery? If so, I am definitely doing that!
    11-19-08 04:58 PM
    I'm wondering if this magical software update is Rhapsody? When I told my account rep that I was upset it didn't have it to compete with Itunes he said that there would be an update for it later on possibly.
    11-19-08 06:54 PM
    Same here, a manager just called me a couple hours ago and asked me if I still wanted a Storm. She told me that the 3 storms that her store was getting had already been sold to corporate user's. And that if I was still interested in buying one I could come in and she would order one for me. Man do I feel bad for Verizon user's. This has to be one of the worst device launches in history. I mean most stores are already sold out of them and it is only Wednesday.
    11-19-08 07:01 PM
    Beware people !! I JUST got a call from the manager at the store I was planning to buy my Storm at and she informed me that their store was only getting 2 Storms and 1 was going to be their store model !! There is gonna be MAD hysteria. I can just feel it !!
    My locale is getting 3....
    11-19-08 07:07 PM
    lol Dirtyjerzz born and raised.. Bergen County - Meadowlands stylie..

Im in Denver for the mtns though! Snowboarding here rocks.

Why would you move to Denver for the mountains? Move to Winter Park, Brec, Keysone... you know..... somewhere you don't have to drive an hour and a half to get to the slopes. If you move to Keystone, A-Basin is open all the way to July 4 from time to time.

***Edit - Sorry to get off topic.
    11-19-08 07:08 PM
    I talked to my store in Atlanta and they expect over 50 and this is coming from regional and the store managers, they don't want another voyager on their hands and being as Atlanta and the SE is a possible new location for a VZW National Headquarters I highly doubt they will screw this area. i mean come on the first impressions video was made here
    11-19-08 07:23 PM
    I'm glad folks are excited enough to wait in line, but I figure on just ordering my Storm online on Friday morning. Verizon offers free overnight shipping: "Orders placed by 4:30 pm local time Monday – Friday excluding holidays will deliver by the next business day." Somebody here quoted $20 for Saturday delivery. I wonder if their shipping department is prepared for the onslaught?

Will the selection or prices for accessories etc be different between a VZW store and online?

P.S. Not that any of us are likely to be returning the device, but Verizon's Website lists a new return policy: purchases between 11/16 and 12/15 may be returned until 1/15; that's almost two months!

(I don't have enough points to post the URL. Go to the vzw Worry Free Guarantee page and click on Free Overnight Shipping; this also describes the Holiday Return policy.)
    11-19-08 07:53 PM
    I just got a call from my local verizon store as a result of being on the call list. The young lady told me that the Storm would be available friday and they were opening at 7:00 am. She said they hadn't received their stock yet and didn't know how many were going to be available. She also didn't know the pricing yet and was happy when I told her of the pricing on the web page. I asked how many were on the call list and she said about 40 or so and that many she had called were not coming in on Friday. I'll be there at 7 with my coffee and a heavy coat as we are expecting snow that day. I am not telling you my town because all of those yahoos from Denver might show up!
    No offense, but how much trust can you put in a rep that doesn't know the price of the phone 2 days before the launch?
    11-19-08 07:55 PM
    Can you get Saturday delivery? If so, I am definitely doing that!
    YES!! It's like 20 bucks... WELL worth it, IMO...
    11-19-08 07:55 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD