Beware people !! I JUST got a call from the manager at the store I was planning to buy my Storm at and she informed me that their store was only getting 2 Storms and 1 was going to be their store model !! There is gonna be MAD hysteria. I can just feel it !!
    11-19-08 12:52 PM
    hmmm... 1 storm.... in OH...... hmmmm
    11-19-08 12:53 PM
    MAD hysteria?? What do you think this is an iphone! Ha
    11-19-08 12:56 PM
    no comment.....
    11-19-08 12:57 PM
    no comment......
    11-19-08 12:58 PM
    nonsense... is this a VZW store? is it a kiosk at a mall? is it an authorized retailler?

I just got off the phone with VZW. they have 1.2 million handsents ready for friday.

When the first iphone went onsale it took 74 days to sell a million handsets. When the 3G came out. They sold 1 million in 3 days, but it was onsale in 21 countries.

Now, while everyone on this board is in love with blackberry, the reality is that the Storm does NOT have the demand that the iphone did. SO... lets not all FREAK OUT.

Everything is going to be okay. You will get your storm and you can relish in it all weekend.
    11-19-08 12:58 PM
    nonsense... is this a VZW store? is it a kiosk at a mall? is it an authorized retailler?

I just got off the phone with VZW. they have 1.2 million handsents ready for friday.

When the first iphone went onsale it took 74 days to sell a million handsets. When the 3G came out. They sold 1 million in 3 days, but it was onsale in 21 countries.

Now, while everyone on this board is in love with blackberry, the reality is that the Storm does NOT have the demand that the iphone did. SO... lets not all FREAK OUT.

Everything is going to be okay. You will get your storm and you can relish in it all weekend.
    That post, has been by far the most intelligent thing anyone has ever said on this board. Cograts. NJ FTW!!!
    11-19-08 12:59 PM
    sigh........
    11-19-08 01:01 PM
    thanks for the compliment despite my typos...
    11-19-08 01:02 PM
    That post, has been by far the most intelligent thing anyone has ever said on this board. Cograts. NJ FTW!!!
    Don't know about most intelligent ever , but I'll say it was really a great post. Thank you for putting this in perspective. It's not one I had before your post.
    11-19-08 01:02 PM
    Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. Can't imagine that a company like Verizon would supply a store with only 1 piece of their flagship product
    11-19-08 01:04 PM
    thanks for the compliment despite my typos...
    Dirty-- where you goin in NJ to get ur phone?
    11-19-08 01:05 PM
    i live in Denver now... so, i will be at the Park Meadows - VZW Evolution store.
    11-19-08 01:07 PM
    BOOOOOOOOO!!!

You clearly know hows Jerz does it. I'll tee off on the first person I see with a storm. That's if they run out, according to Strhessed, lol.
    11-19-08 01:08 PM
    Some online retailers already have the Storm in stock, just can't ship until Friday.
    11-19-08 01:08 PM
    lol Dirtyjerzz born and raised.. Bergen County - Meadowlands stylie..

Im in Denver for the mtns though! Snowboarding here rocks.
    11-19-08 01:09 PM
    the swamps, eh. good ****.

i don't think i'll ever leave here-- unless it's to like Cali or somewhere chilled out.
    11-19-08 01:10 PM
    Most if not all vzw have um in stock now .. there were all supposed to be in stock this wednesday but my verizon cant even show the demo model until friday .. ughh
    11-19-08 01:14 PM
    Why would Verizon open doors hours early if they are going to have so few units for sale in each store?

They dont need the extra hours to sell 10, 20 or 30 units. The stores can hand out rain checks during their normal hours if they are expecting low supply.

Verizon would be the laughing stock of cell companies to open the doors early & only sell 20 units for the entire day. I'm guessing each store will be stocked well & all these reports of 20 units is so the sales people can make sure everyone comes in asap to get the device instead of waiting.
    11-19-08 01:26 PM
    Woooooooooot
    11-19-08 01:28 PM
    Just called store by my work have to be @ wrk at 8 but they have a 7 opening looks like thursday hittin the sack early gimme dat storm..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 01:32 PM
    I keep haring different logistics. 400,000-1.2mill. Which one is it? This he said she said is getting old.
    11-19-08 01:33 PM
    Just called store by my work have to be @ wrk at 8 but they have a 7 opening looks like thursday hittin the sack early gimme dat storm..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm getting up at 5am. To get there before 6am.
    11-19-08 01:34 PM
    The reason we are all being told there are only 30 storms at each store (or less in smaller towns) and they are opening early is because Verizon wants that great photo op of people lined up like AT&T/Apple got for the iPhone. There is no reason to have 30 Storms & open early.

Verizon execs know if they only have 30 Storms for a flagship device launch they will look like a company that can't handle a device launch. They already have egg on their face from the Voyager launch. Imagine what it will do to the VZW & RIM stock price if Verizon turns away hundreds at the store becuase of poor supply. Investors will look to AT&T & Apple who are going to be selling iPhones in WalMart in December instead of staying in Verizon who can't seem to ever get a device launched properly.

This is why I think Verizon is feeding everyone a line of BS to get the photo ops of camping & waiting customers.

There will be enough Storms in the Stores to last the weekend or longer. Enough to last until the next shipment next week. All those lining up early are being fooled by the Verizon marketing machine.
    11-19-08 02:02 PM

This was a corporate store. Take what I said for what you will, but don't waste space here whining and crying when you don't get one on Friday !!!!!
    11-19-08 02:04 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD