they will not repeat the same mistakes as they did the voyager, that is the point...
    11-19-08 06:25 PM
    There are a LOT of threads about stores not getting many at all. At some point, I gotta believe the volume of info.
    11-19-08 06:34 PM
    simply wait and see... i will be right(as usual)

It is futile to argue with a guy named Tony who lives anywhere near NYC.

11-19-08 06:36 PM
    let them be stupid, and just be proven wrong. the time will come
    And after reading all of your posts, I'm supposed to believe you're not the stupid one because...?
    11-19-08 06:43 PM
    Im going to laugh my A** off when Anthony AF99 pulls up @ his verizon store to a line wrapped around the whole building...
    11-19-08 06:44 PM
    I live in one of the most populated cities in the US: Los Angeles, CA... so i doubt that the storms will be there later in the day. i'm not waiting in line though, my mom is gonna check in the morning, and if she can't get it, than i'll wait until i can, or just get it over thanksgiving weekend, in Palm Springs.
    11-19-08 06:46 PM
    Stop wasting forum space... UNLESS you are in a very high population area(NYC) you WILL NOT have a problem.
    okay, I live in the middle of Los Angeles. You have no problem with me camping out?
    11-19-08 06:57 PM
    Just wanted to throw my two cents into the ring. It seems that internet hype may be a little too much. A few things to consider:
    1. You know about the Storm coming out Friday, but most of your friends don't.
    2. If you add up the number of people on the forums that live in your vacinity, most likely it will be less than 50...
    3. ...except maybe in NYC, LA, Chicago... you may have to hit a suburb to buy one, big deal.
    4. Mass appeal for a phone like the iphone included a younger demographic, totally not interested in an email capable smart phones, they just saw the commericals and could relate because they owned ipods.
    5. Most iphone owners I know will not be buying a Storm, and most of them don't know it even exists.
    6. And lastly, the iphone could be bought that day, the next day, and the next day- at a local Apple store.
    7. 400k will be plenty for the first few days.
    11-19-08 07:02 PM
    Just wanted to throw my two cents into the ring. It seems that internet hype may be a little too much. A few things to consider:
    1. You know about the Storm coming out Friday, but most of your friends don't.
    2. If you add up the number of people on the forums that live in your vacinity, most likely it will be less than 50...
    3. ...except maybe in NYC, LA, Chicago... you may have to hit a suburb to buy one, big deal.
    4. Mass appeal for a phone like the iphone included a younger demographic, totally not interested in an email capable smart phones, they just saw the commericals and could relate because they owned ipods.
    5. Most iphone owners I know will not be buying a Storm, and most of them don't know it even exists.
    6. And lastly, the iphone could be bought that day, the next day, and the next day- at a local Apple store.
    7. 400k will be plenty for the first few days.
    HAHAHA...your ignorance is kinda cute/funny.

1. First of all, who are you to tell me MOST of my friends don't know it's coming out this Friday? I tell everyone within earshot that it's coming out this Friday. Either way....what's does this have to do with anything?
    2. Uhhh...this really has NOTHING to do with availability.
    3. I live in LA. I live 3 miles away from work and it literally takes me 20-30 minutes to drive there. The closest suburb outside of metropolitan LA is about 25 miles away. Big deal? Yes, it is.
    4. How are you getting this information? Did you go around conducting surveys? This is just your own personal speculation and it's ignorant for you to state them as globally accepted facts.
    5. That's great man. They already have a touchscreen and they would have to switch carriers to go with the Storm. Yea, I can see why they wouldn't want to switch over as they are all probably still under contract. Either way, what do your 3 friends with iPhones have to do with anything?
    6. PLEASE stop comparing apples with oranges (pun intended).
    7. Again, don't state "facts" that you just pulled out of your a$$.
    11-19-08 07:14 PM
    You must have missed the Buffalo Apple store when you went to all of them to see if they had any in stock, because the store was out for a while.
    11-19-08 07:18 PM
    I live in one of the most populated cities in the US: Los Angeles, CA... so i doubt that the storms will be there later in the day. i'm not waiting in line though, my mom is gonna check in the morning, and if she can't get it, than i'll wait until i can, or just get it over thanksgiving weekend, in Palm Springs.
    Well la di da Mr. Holmby Hills.... Don't you live in a nice part of LA
    11-19-08 07:19 PM
    Well where Iam I have to camp out. They camp out. People who dont get them come from NYC and try to get them. Ik because I camp out for Jordans. I also did it for the PS3 and our city only got 70 total and our mall only had 40 and there was 400 people waiting to get them. Lucky I got one. Also our bestbuy pre-ordered to many storms and Half are not going to get them. So Ik people are going to do whatever they can for the phone.
    11-19-08 07:30 PM
    Well la di da Mr. Holmby Hills.... Don't you live in a nice part of LA
    i guess so, lol.
    11-19-08 07:39 PM
    You know these ABSOLUTE comments are puzzling. How do you know for certain, to the extent that you make a bold statement in CAPS, such as "THERE WILL BE NO SHORTAGE". I work at a Verizon store. We are getting 5 on Thursday and 5 on Friday. That's a shortage.

You are bashing people for speculating, when in fact, you are speculating as well.

So when you say things like "There will be no shortage", and wish for people to be pissed on by the homeless, YOU ARE THE MORON..

i was saying this in reply to the posting "beware of shortage" because frankly. THERE WILL BE NO SHORTAGE, and for you who lives in NYC... I really dont know but usually they have like millions of people trying to get the latest technology... i would actually drive outside the city, maybe westchester to go pick one up, unless that is you dont mind sitting in the freezing cold
    11-19-08 07:42 PM
    there might be a shortage in South Carolina as per BlackBerrycool.com

you can find the full story here,

Buying a BlackBerry Storm? Maybe not in SoCal. | BlackBerry Cool
    Last edited by BooGz; 11-19-08 at 08:45 PM.
    11-19-08 08:43 PM
    There will probably be shortages in some places and an abundant amount in others. i would stay stop arguing, i mean its different in different places. I'm not trying to interject, since I have no clue about shortages or not... but just chill you guys, lol.
    11-19-08 08:44 PM
    He was just stating his opinion, and did have some evidence to back it up. I mean, maybe he was wrong, but you guys are jumping on him. I know he did make a rash and rude statement, but this thread is just attack after attack, its getting kinda dumb...

PS: Thanks for agreeing with me i guess, this truly is stupid.
    11-19-08 09:00 PM
    HAHAHA...your ignorance is kinda cute/funny.

3. I live in LA. I live 3 miles away from work and it literally takes me 20-30 minutes to drive there. The closest suburb outside of metropolitan LA is about 25 miles away. Big deal? Yes, it is.
    Where in Los Angeles do you live? Since you really are over exaggerating. The traffic isn't that horrible.
    11-19-08 09:04 PM
    Dude.. He was doing a lot more than just stating his opinion. Re-read the original post. He was down right arrogant, insulting and moronic. He also did not word it at all as an opinion, but as some straight FACT, which is where the argument comes from.

He was just stating his opinion, and did have some evidence to back it up. I mean, maybe he was wrong, but you guys are jumping on him. I know he did make a rash and rude statement, but this thread is just attack after attack, its getting kinda dumb...

PS: Thanks for agreeing with me i guess, this truly is stupid.
    11-19-08 09:06 PM
    Dude.. He was doing a lot more than just stating his opinion. Re-read the original post. He was down right arrogant, insulting and moronic. He also did not word it at all as an opinion, but as some straight FACT, which is where the argument comes from.
    I see your point. He was acting rudely. And I don't really know enough about the situation to put my own 2 cents in, so I won't argue.
    11-19-08 09:07 PM
    there will be a shortage . most store getting 5---10 units .... ugh
    11-19-08 09:08 PM
    You guys can't play nice, then you'll not play at all.
    11-19-08 09:10 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD