Even with the release of the BOLD coming soon, I think im going to keep my faith in RIM and keep my stock in them until a few days before the release of the Thunder. I mean yea, the BOLD will crush the market in terms of wireless service and email versatility, but something about a "touchscreen" smartphone has me very intrigued. the only thing I could see to hurt RIM's stock would be that the Thunder is an exclusive to vzw here in the states. And after watching Mad Money, I don't see how anything can hurt RIM's growth.

People build up hype just to be let down in terms of something "new" and "futuristic" to hit the market. I want to see that hype exceed original thoughts and have the Thunder come out a new and BOLD winner. hehe........sorry
    07-31-08 05:23 PM
    Why does it have to be either or? I going to be keeping my stock in them even after the releases. Bought it in April 07 ($45) and has worked out rather nicely even after releases. RIM has great potential and I'm in it for the long haul.
    Last edited by skyys; 07-31-08 at 10:11 PM.
    07-31-08 10:05 PM
    Yea, i'll still have a majority of mine with them always but will take out enough when the prices rise during the release of these 2 phones to invest in another company. I wanna see what fiber optic companies are out their. It rly seems to be the ext logical step next to broadband.
    08-01-08 07:07 AM
    It rly seems to be the ext logical step next to broadband.
    Fiber has been around for a loooong time... it is just now starting to be marketed as "fiber broadband" to gain more interest and market
    08-01-08 07:38 AM
    Right, but a lot of todays people (especially older people) believe this technology is new to the market and will have far more advanced capabilities which will lead it into a growing market.

The only other place I can think of to invest in would b companies working on a 4G network already which might b hard to find.

I try and look for the next logical step the world will take in improving its electronical boundaries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 09:08 AM
    Even with the release of the BOLD coming soon, I think im going to keep my faith in RIM and keep my stock in them until a few days before the release of the Thunder. I mean yea, the BOLD will crush the market in terms of wireless service and email versatility, but something about a "touchscreen" smartphone has me very intrigued. the only thing I could see to hurt RIM's stock would be that the Thunder is an exclusive to vzw here in the states. And after watching Mad Money, I don't see how anything can hurt RIM's growth.

People build up hype just to be let down in terms of something "new" and "futuristic" to hit the market. I want to see that hype exceed original thoughts and have the Thunder come out a new and BOLD winner. hehe........sorry
    RIM is going to take ALOT of the market share when the Thunder is released!! That you can take to the bank!
    08-01-08 09:18 AM
    You would believe so. People are really enthralled (sp?) With touchscreen devices now a days. The next logical step would b to slap a 5mp video camera on a phone and start video chatting as phone calls.

08-01-08 09:31 AM
    I own the bold and the thunder/storm and I love my bold I'm a bold man the touch is cool and I like it but i'll stay with the bold in terms of biz

03-24-09 08:58 AM
    I own the bold and the thunder/storm and I love my bold I'm a bold man the touch is cool and I like it but i'll stay with the bold in terms of biz

Curiously you still list the Curve as your device in your profile! Might be time for an update.
    03-24-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD