looking for a better calendar that shows actual event name vs icon in 30 day view.
    if thats asking too much too how about different colored icons ?

thanks in advance
    11-26-08 12:33 PM
    I was going to try agendus, but its not free...
    11-26-08 12:46 PM
    SORRY DONT CARE ABOUT FREE WILLING TO PAY "RESONABLE PRICE"

ILL TAKE a look at agendus thanks
    11-26-08 12:57 PM
    Let me know what you think.. I am thinking about loading it as well.. I honestly don't have a problem paying for quality software. I am a computer science graduate student so I know what it takes to make quality software and I def. think that if someone has a great product they should be rewarded for that..
    11-26-08 01:07 PM
    looking at screen shots all have colors EXCEPT the month view.
    looking to differeneciate ?? between month day tasks/appts
    11-26-08 01:17 PM
    That would be interesting . . .coming from non BB I don't know of any that do that on the month view
    11-26-08 01:19 PM
    ANYONE
    PLEASE HELP
    11-26-08 05:15 PM
    The original BB calendar is pretty bad. I would love to have a better calendar to work with also. It seems that some of the long time BB users feel that if someone wants something better than what comes with the device they get somewhat offended.
    11-26-08 05:53 PM
    A nice calander is the main reason I started looking at smart phones and am now interested in the storm. I have played with the BB calander at the Verizon store only, so I may be missing its full potential, but from what I saw it was not that great.

When I was using a PPC I had a bunch of software from the guy I bought it from and it was awsome. It had different color codes, and also text on the month view. I will see if I can locate it on my pc yet. I thought it was "Agenda Fusion"? or something like that. It blew the standard windows calander out of the water.

If I find the company I will post it up. Don't know if they make BB compatible stuff or not though.
    11-26-08 06:24 PM
    You can set up different calendars for different e-mail address on the storm. Each calendar has a different color so you can differentiate work from play. You can view the week and see what you have going on that week. I don't think any calendar that gives a month view will give you any information of specific days -- but I could be wrong.

The boxes with the dates are just too small to put any information in
    11-26-08 06:32 PM
    I just googled it, and it looks like what I was using back then was the Agenda Fusion, looks like its only Winmobile though

I would also like to hear any suggestions on a more useful calander.
    11-26-08 06:33 PM
    well what do you want in a calender?
    11-26-08 06:38 PM
    In the month view it would be nice to read some text for what is entered on that day. Or even a color coded rectangle or something, with the ability to have several on one day.

As it looked to me the BB calendar showed about as much on the month view as my Moto cell phone calendar.

I have a rotating schedule and like to see my work days at a glance on month view. Similar to what the OP was looking for.

Again, I may not know all of the features of the calendar program that comes with it. I have asked several different "sales" people at different stores and they are mostly clueless.
    11-26-08 06:57 PM
    Like I said before, the squares for days in month view are half taken up by the number of the day. It will be near impossible to find a calendar program that has multiple forms of information on a day in a month view. How would you be able to read text in that tiny little box? If you want to know if you have SOMETHING on a day, in the bb calendar, there are little notches for the days which you have something planned.

The weekly view will have color coded (depending which calendar you file it under) along the day and hours of the scheduled event. If you click on it, it will give you more information.

My person favorite view is the Agenda view. This will give you a list of ALL upcoming events (even years in advance)
    11-26-08 07:02 PM
    Thanks for the info, I will have to play with it more in the store. I thought the screen on my Dell Axim X50v was abou the same size as the Storm, but it might be a bit bigger? The text was small, but it gave you an idea of what you had for that day in the month view.

I do have a question on the stock BB calendar. Can I have a reoccurring apt. that rotates? As an example I work 6days on, and have 3 days off, rotating all year long, I assume you can do this?

Thanks.
    11-26-08 07:07 PM
    Check out Pocket Informant for Blackberry at Web IS. I have used it for years on a PPC and it is well developed and functional. It was just released for BBerry in about August so it is not as feature rich and a bit slow right now but it is being updated to 1.02 (I think) which is supposed to be compatible with the storm. I am using it on an 8830 and it is "OK". It is much better than the built in PIM apps but not as good as on PPC.
    11-26-08 07:13 PM
    I've used Pocket Informant for years on WinMo and it is available for BB as well.Welcome to WebIS.net - Home
    11-26-08 07:19 PM
    I just wish there was a way to have a reminder icon on the main screen to let you know you have something scheduled for that day.
    01-05-09 10:46 PM
    I think you are looking for themes and not so much a calendar. Which does lead to this question, is anyone aware of websites that have themes for the Storm yet??
    01-05-09 11:03 PM
    I think what he's looking for is what I'm looking for...the ability to color code a day on the calendar in the month view.

I travel frequently within a territory and would like to go out a couple months on the calendar and know that a certain color is a certain state/event - rather than having little black invisible hash marks on the month view. Calendarscope does this for the PC and it's an excellent calendar.

I would pay good $$ for a Calendarscope version for the BB...
    01-06-09 07:34 AM
    i'm a big fan of google calendar. something similar for berry would be nice. i agree a detailed month view would be very difficult, but even just colored squares in each date would be helpful.
    01-06-09 07:47 AM
    If it were only like ical....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 09:15 AM
    i'm a big fan of google calendar. something similar for berry would be nice. i agree a detailed month view would be very difficult, but even just colored squares in each date would be helpful.
    Doesnt google sync work with the calendar also? I havent tried it but was considering it.
    01-06-09 09:38 AM
    agenda view does seem to be an improvement...hopefully when themes come out there will be an indicator icon
    01-06-09 04:26 PM
    Like I said before, the squares for days in month view are half taken up by the number of the day. It will be near impossible to find a calendar program that has multiple forms of information on a day in a month view. How would you be able to read text in that tiny little box? If you want to know if you have SOMETHING on a day, in the bb calendar, there are little notches for the days which you have something planned.

The weekly view will have color coded (depending which calendar you file it under) along the day and hours of the scheduled event. If you click on it, it will give you more information.

My person favorite view is the Agenda view. This will give you a list of ALL upcoming events (even years in advance)
    nice, that agenda view is very nice. Just found it by clicking the blackberry button while in the calendar.
    01-06-09 05:22 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD