Bestbuy posted a msg saying storm pushed to 1123 does neone know if their honoring preorders for 11/21

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 06:38 PM
    i heard their release date is the 23rd.
    11-19-08 06:42 PM
    my best buy guy said that he will check Thursday truck then call when they are in so hope for Friday ........... I can sit threw that damn twilight without this phone!!!
    11-19-08 06:43 PM
    I have an appointment set by best buy at 3 PM Friday 11/21.
    Anyone who has a pre-order will get the storm 11/21 but walk ins can get it 11/23.
    If Best buy hasn't called you I would call them ASAP to set up an appointment because they are setting appointments with everyone who pre-ordered
    11-19-08 06:45 PM
    Really? My Best Buy called me this Sunday to tell me that it will be in this Friday. I actually called them this afternoon to set up a time with them for this Friday afternoon to activate another line to my Family Share Plan.
    They were adamant that it will be there Friday.

11-19-08 06:45 PM
    The phones will arrive on Thurs but they can not sell them until Friday. I tried a $50 bribe but he laughed
    11-19-08 06:56 PM
    The one I pre-ordered from said that I couldn't come in until the 23rd for it. I got my 50 bucks back and ordered thru telesales for saturday. BB is too chancy.
    11-19-08 06:59 PM
    Yep, I received a voicemail earlier today letting me know that my Storm will be ready Friday and can I pick it up whenever I can. I will have that phone in my hand by 5'o clock Friday.
    11-19-08 07:25 PM
    MisterJ what Bestbuy location are you going too?
    11-19-08 07:43 PM
    I also have my appointment still scheduled for Friday. I called after the correction was posted and she said I still have my appointment time. I decided to stay with Best Buy because I don't like dealing with the rebates. If I don't get it on Friday, but Sunday instead, yes, I will be bummed, but will get to see all the bugs a few days before I get the phone Gotta find the positive in every situation.
    11-19-08 07:49 PM
    Bestbuy posted a msg saying storm pushed to 1123 does neone know if their honoring preorders for 11/21

Yes, they are. I happened to walk into my local BB, where I preordered. I met the rep from blackberry. She was setting up the section for the storm. I asked her a couple of questions. The storm is definately going to be in all best buy stores on friday. Pre orders, of course, will be first to get them. Each pre-order is allowed between 30-45 minutes, to setup and check out. T he first appointment will be at 10am, and the last, depending on the store, 10pm. But she assured me, that everyone who pre-ordered will get one. She also explained that if you pre-ordered early enough, friday is the day, going by the list, the date/time you pre-ordered, printed on the reciept.The store in lawrence, Ny, had about 45 pre-orders and then they cut it off.
    11-19-08 08:00 PM
    The one I pre-ordered from said that I couldn't come in until the 23rd for it. I got my 50 bucks back and ordered thru telesales for saturday. BB is too chancy.
    well maybe because you pre-ordered too late, after the cut off?
    11-19-08 08:01 PM
    MisterJ what Bestbuy location are you going too?
    Joliet.

Also, does anyone know if I will have to bring in printouts or whatever to get the instant rebates at Bestbuy that Verizon is offering in mail-in rebates? Most likely I am guessing.
    11-19-08 08:21 PM
    well maybe because you pre-ordered too late, after the cut off?

I put my money down ages ago. The point is everytime I call they're giving me a different answer. That alone makes me want to leave them alone. I'll wait one more day and get it on saturday.
    11-20-08 08:10 AM
    I was pokin around best buy website last night and they have there own forums, someone asked the same question and a best buy rep said 21st. So take that for what its worth.
    11-20-08 08:13 AM
    The BestBuy website says that the release is delayed until the 23rd...I'm wondering If this is for everyone or just for general release...I have my appt setup for tomorrow night and no one has called to tell me otherwise...Is it safe to assume that pre-orders will be getting their Storm on 11/21??
    11-20-08 08:34 AM
    i just got a call from best buy yesterday and set up an appointment for friday. anyone else pre-ordered their storm at the west hollywood best buy?
    11-20-08 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD