I going to England and wondering should I unlock my phone and get a UK sim card or should I buy international package from Verizon. I like for my office to reach me and be able to txt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 11:46 PM
    I would recommend unlocking the phone and getting a sim card to use in England.

If you are a customer with Verizon for at least 90 days and up-to-date on your payments, you should be able to get the unlock code from Verizon.

You can also do to the following web site, join it for free and then get a free unlock code.

berrymods.com � Log In
    01-24-11 12:13 PM
    Use it as a door stop in the loo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 12:42 PM
    I have been to europe several times with my Storm. I just get the international thing from Verizon, but it varies country to country on rates. If you plan on making a bunch of phone call as opposed to text messages or emails you may be better off getting a SIM card.....
    01-24-11 01:27 PM
    If you get a local SIM, then the people calling and texting you from your "home" country will have to use the international phone number associated with that local SIM.

If you use the Verizon international plan, then you will retain your "home" phone number.
    01-24-11 05:12 PM
    I need a straight answer....

Will a Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 work on the Vodafone GSM network in the United Kingdom? After it is unlocked?
    01-27-11 04:46 PM
    Yes.

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums.
    Hijacking someone else's thread is bad forum etiquette, though
    01-27-11 05:02 PM
    I need a straight answer....

Will a Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 work on the Vodafone GSM network in the United Kingdom? After it is unlocked?
    In fact, it will work in the UK on Vodafone before it is unlocked, since that is what the VZW SIM will use (VZW being 45% owned by Vodafone).
    01-29-11 02:27 PM
    I would say it depends on how long you're going for and what you intend to use the phone for.

- Is it mainly for calls? If so, to the US or the UK?
    - Is it for texting? If so, to the US or the UK?
    - Do you plan to use data?

I've taken my storm to Europe a few times, each time staying for 2 weeks or less, and simply gotten the VZW international calling plan which is like $5 up front and then your $/minute rate is less. I've mainly used the phone for calls back to the US and a few calls within Europe. I avoid texting back to the US because it's like $0.35 each way (you can check rates online) and I usually don't do data because the VZW international data plan is $59.99, which they pro-rate based on how long you're overseas. However, if you plan to use the phone heavily for for calls/texts within the UK, or will be there for an extended period of time, it will probably be worth it to pop in a European SIM.
    01-31-11 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD