Hi folks,

Just noticed that the back speaker of my storm is a lil clogged with fuzz or lint. Probably from having carried the phone in my jeans pocket. And over time small particles or whatnot of fuzzy lint have attached themselves to the speaker, kind of clogging half of the tiny holes in the speaker grill.

Wondering what the best way to clean the speaker would be. I've thought of maybe using a small shaver brush I have, but I don't want to push any of it further into the holes. Only other thing I can think of is a vacuum cleaner but don't know if that's too radical a solution or not. lol

Anyone have any ideas on what the best way of doing this might be? Open to any suggestions or home methods.

Thanks in advance
    05-14-09 02:32 PM
    Try using tape rolled around your fingertip..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 02:37 PM
    I use a micro fibre cloth... i find it lifts the lint and dust off nicely.
    05-14-09 02:40 PM
    I never hated dust and lint until I got a storm. Now I'm paranoid constantly...

Oh well. Definitely the tape/finger thing works well.
    05-14-09 03:01 PM
    Try using tape rolled around your fingertip..
    Been trying to figure this one out for a while myself, the tape trick worked great for me... Thanks!
    05-14-09 03:08 PM
    An air compressor with 100psi works too. Blows that dust right out. A few other things too.

The safest and best way, definitely the tape on the finger deal!

05-14-09 03:24 PM
    I like using the good old shop vac

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 03:31 PM
    Hmm, tape idea is pretty cool.
    Thanks for the tip!
    05-14-09 03:39 PM
    Definitely a good idea with the tape. So simple too....not sure why it didn't occur to me before.

Anyways, thanks to all.
    05-14-09 03:44 PM
    Tape trick worked wonders, thanks!!
    05-14-09 03:51 PM
    I never hated dust and lint until I got a storm. Now I'm paranoid constantly...

Oh well. Definitely the tape/finger thing works well.
    So incredibly true. I've already returned one because of the dust under the screen and now I feel like I'm checking my replacement every 15 seconds...
    05-14-09 04:35 PM
    Just a lil update.

I've tried the tape fu and it's only been partially successful. Obviously the surface fuzz was removed but there seems to also be "micro fuzz" in the actual tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny holes of the speaker.

Now this may actually turn out to be a doh!! moment for me, but it looks like the left half of the tiny holes have the fuzz and the right side don't. But then it also looks like there's a small "ring" of tiny holes with fuzz going all the way around the outer "circumference" of the speaker area. Was it actually already like that and I just didn't notice or is it actually fuzz?

If so, what other options do I have to try and clear those tiiiiiiiiiiiny holes?
    05-15-09 01:03 PM
    I thought i was alone.

The tape trick worked great.
    05-15-09 01:37 PM
    going to try to the tape trick now! great idea people
    05-15-09 01:46 PM
    use *dyson* vacuum
    05-15-09 01:48 PM
    What's a dyson vacuum?
    05-15-09 02:36 PM
    ^just a kind of vacuum cleaner that "never looses suction" haha

Dyson

lol. yea just a microfiber cloth is fine. its funny, with my old 8830 i never had a problem and with my old samsung phone it was always in my pocket. Ever since i got my storm the dust and case ocd came with it haha
    05-15-09 02:44 PM
    How about a Keyboard Vacuum?

The Container Store > USB Keyboard Vacuum

05-15-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD