I've tried them all, from the original paper underneath battery to the screwdriver (which did nothing). Being bored at work, I though of this trick and it has improved my screen a hundred fold....

Get some velco, the fuzzy half, cut it to the length of the battery...place it on the battery (preferably covering the bottom half) and thats it. Its simple and it makes the screen feel oh so sweet. It doesnt cause much stress on the phone at all, someone was talking about putting a dime underneath the backplate, seemed ridiculous. GIVE IT A TRY.
    06-09-09 10:43 AM
    PS- I Love this site.
    PPS- is there any way to view your emails with quicklaunch?? it just takes me to text messages...
    06-09-09 10:44 AM
    Pretty much anything placed in that area will cause the screen click to be better. It's the basic concept behind all those fixes... just that some are cleaner then others in accomplishing the same task.
    06-09-09 10:47 AM
    Anything? I dont think so. Well the velco works the best at accomplishing the simple task.
    06-09-09 10:54 AM
    Anything? I dont think so. Well the velco works the best at accomplishing the simple task.
    Yeah anything that fills the gap correctly. I don't want anything sticky is my battery compartment.
    06-09-09 10:57 AM
    its not IN the battery compartment..its on the outside of the battery.
    06-09-09 11:02 AM
    its not IN the battery compartment..its on the outside of the battery.
    Picture???
    06-09-09 11:04 AM
    Nothing works for my screen. If I place something behind the door my screen becomes depressed and fully unresponsive.
    The torx fix does nothing as well. Its kind of sad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 11:07 AM
    Nothing works for my screen. If I place something behind the door my screen becomes depressed and fully unresponsive.

If it isn't clicking correctly and none of these "fixes" are working I would be calling verizon up and getting another one to try to get right.
    06-09-09 11:15 AM

This means to have too much pressure in there already. Probably you tightened the crew when you attempted to tighten it. If you loosen the screw just a smidgen, and then do any of the place behind/on the battery tricks, you'll find that your clicking will become better.

06-09-09 11:23 AM
    Picture???
    you really need a picture to show you that you put the velcro piece between the battery and the back cover?? put the battery in your phone, put the velcro piece on top of the battery and then snap on the cover.
    06-09-09 11:27 AM
    This by far is the BEST solution to the screen click problem outside of the crap shoot of returning the phone for another one.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/pe...oblems-125406/

These felt stickers are the perfect thickness and size.
    06-09-09 11:29 AM
    I have tried them all. Many worked pretty well, but I finally bought the T6 torx wrench and lossened the screw. The best fix, and no Mickey Mouse fixes.
    06-09-09 11:39 AM
    I have tried them all. Many worked pretty well, but I finally bought the T6 torx wrench and lossened the screw. The best fix, and no Mickey Mouse fixes.
    agree fully!

i think people may be trying to tighten the screws when loosening is needed
    06-09-09 11:47 AM

that sounds like something that the MFG should replace... if you dont have INS. on the phone.
    good luck
    06-09-09 11:58 AM
    Im sure RIM knows about this issue with the screen click. The new Storm 2 will probably have a better interface and a better design to make it function properly.
    06-09-09 12:00 PM
    I loosened the torx screws and that did the trick on my wife's storm! The screen clicking was much more comfortable and easier!

Too bad I ordered a replacement before I found out about this fix but at least I we didn't have to swap the units.
    06-09-09 12:12 PM
    I'm partial to the "Civic dots" fix and the SIM card trick.
    06-09-09 12:34 PM
    second that! BUT... different strokes for different folks.... whatever works for you.... you definately have a choice!
    06-09-09 02:23 PM
    Good for people who dont want something pushing against the casing. Personally, my 10 cents is the best its ever been put to use for.
    06-09-09 02:41 PM
    I want to try the torx screw fix, but on the back of my storm one of the screws is covered by a red sticker. I'm guessing thats for the 'void warranty' indicator? Should I just loosen the one that is open?
    06-09-09 03:00 PM
    actually it works because it gives some. treos used to come stock with a round piece of thin foam on the back of the battery cover...just to keep the battery in place firly. same concept. but the torqu screw works better than either.
    06-09-09 03:11 PM
    you really need a picture to show you that you put the velcro piece between the battery and the back cover?? put the battery in your phone, put the velcro piece on top of the battery and then snap on the cover.
    That would make it inside the battery compartment.
    06-09-09 05:54 PM
    I want to try the torx screw fix, but on the back of my storm one of the screws is covered by a red sticker. I'm guessing thats for the 'void warranty' indicator? Should I just loosen the one that is open?
    Just remove the sticker entirely...............there was nothing there in the first place
    06-09-09 09:24 PM
    I've had velcro stuck to the inside of the battery door for 2months now. You have to scrape off as much of the fuzzy stuff as you can because I comes off on its own and leaves that crap inside the phone. After its all off it works great.

06-09-09 09:42 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD