02-10-09 03:18 PM
    I hate to say this, but
    The screen protector that comes with the storm SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It might be good for someone that always has clean hands! But for someone that works with any kind of slightly dirty environment it will scratch!!! But then again I can see scratches that others can't see (I had looked at coworkers Storms that they said had no scratches and I saw them).

I am very careful with my equipment, I had a windows mobile phone prior to the storm and purchased a very high quality screen protector for it that lasted the 2 years after purchasing several junk ones like verizon sells and comes with the storm.

Now saying that, I just purchased the Ultimate Screen Guard from Seidio and it has yet to scratch on me (now about 3 weeks on) vs. the one that came with the storm in just one week!!!!!!

seidioonline.com/product-p/spm1bb9530.htm
    put in the www in front
    I completely agree. The verizon screen protectors are JUNK. I have had so much experience with those things and all other types of static cling protectors out there and I have to say that they are absolutely horrible. They become so incredibly scratched that they are almost unusable. And replacing them on a regular basis is a complete waste of time. Im not sure if the screen would be ok without a screen protector but im too anal to risk scratching my baby. As I said in one of my previous threads, i recently got a Phantom Skinz installed at the mall and I have absolutely zero complaints. Nice and smooth compared to the Invisible Shield my friend has on his Storm. And it comes with a lifetime warranty so even if it ever does scratch ill just take it back to have them replace it
    02-10-09 05:31 PM
    I have used Boxwave on several PDA's in the past, liked them.

In the past have used the "Anti-Glare" type and liked it, but don't know how well this would work on the Storm.

Does anyone here use the Boxwave Anti Glare and how do you like it?

I tried the crystal clear variety and it collects a lot of fingerprints. The anti-glare is slightly opaque but does not collect fingerprints.

Thoughts?
    02-10-09 07:03 PM
    GHOST ARMOR for the win!
    02-16-09 10:12 PM
    i ordered one from amazon and when the screen is off its a mirrored surface i like it alot better than the standard clear ones you should look into it.
    02-16-09 10:14 PM
    I had the Seidio on my last Storm, removed it before it was sent back... then somehow lost it before I wore out the factory one on the new storm. Reading this thread has me looking for it again. I have a leftover Boxwave from my Palm days that I might try to cut when needed otherwise I liked the Seidio but it did show a lot of fingerprints. Then the environment I work in, oil mist and all I think any protector is going to show something.
    02-16-09 10:47 PM
    My storm came with like 3 screen protectors on it I still see one below this one... and I ripped one off already
    02-16-09 10:54 PM
    I think you're going to get a very biased answer here. For one, the people that believe in a good protector have only had one, becuse that one has worked just fine and they haven't used any other type. Like me for example: I have Zagg's Invisible Shield and haven't needed to change, so it is the only thing I have used and I'll swear by it. Biased answer.

Someone that says they don't need a protector on their device may not use it in the same environmet you do, and therefore, may not have the same screen protector needs you do. Just experiment and try things out...
    02-16-09 11:22 PM
    I would use the Invisible Shield. Awesome product!
    02-17-09 12:29 AM
    i use the one verizon store sells
    02-17-09 01:25 AM
    I had the invisible shield and it turned out to be the worst 20 dollars I've spent on an accessory. putting it on was a pain and a process and it was just a mess. I picked up the VZW ones today and they work great so far. Much better than the IS in my opinion.

The IS is supposed to be scratch proof or whatever but it isn't worth the hassle. I almost screwed up my phone putting it on. I'm more or less a spaz but still...

VZW ones are inexpensive and practical and functional
    02-17-09 02:03 AM
    I'm also patiently waiting for VZW to come out with the anti-glare privacy screens. I've used them for my past BlackBerries and I loved them.
    02-17-09 02:04 AM
    What about smudges? Those are what annoy me the most. Something that resists those are what I'm shooting for. Any suggestions?
    02-25-09 03:34 PM
    Which screen protector do you all recommend? Thanks
    personally i bought one that is for the psp

cut it down and its the easiest 1 ive ever applied! i had no bubbles and even pulled it off and reapplied it when i got a replacement storm and excellent results
    02-25-09 03:50 PM
    I used the cling ones that came with mine and they would always bubble up or would get something under it and would look like ****. Bought Ghost Armor and the product is great. Just do like the directions say and give it 24 hours to let the clarity come back to the screen
    02-25-09 04:04 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD