I recently purchased an unlocked blackberry storm 9530 on ebay. Ive read some reviews about obvious problems that come with opening the box. Im looking for the best OS to upload to my Storm on the AT&T network. I would like to have all functions (i.e. browser, mms, calling, EDGE, etc.) with the least amount of lag or problems possible. I've heard about .113 possibly being official and/or the best? Or is it better to go with the .114 Hybrid V2? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. THANKS
    04-01-09 12:14 AM
    Whichever base os you get, I recommend using the .90 radio code. I'm running the .113 os with .90 radio and I think the .109 mms code (It's the Marcus hybrid/Gold code thread). With every pure os I've used I kept on getting edge/EDGE problems and could not use the internet effectively. With the .90 code I get a stable EDGE connection and can pull up the internet fairly quickly. However, I've ran into problems with the hybrid because I've ran .113 by itself and it was great. Now I've noticed a few bugs which i guess is associated with the .90 code, but meh, I don't care as long as it works.
    04-01-09 12:38 AM
    not sure on what the radio code is. could you explain that to me as well as tell me your best advice on choosing the OS
    04-01-09 12:44 AM
    i'm on the .113 and it runs very smoothly and i've noticed very improved performance
    04-01-09 12:51 AM
    thanks......but ive heard the OS work different depending on the provider, looks like you have Verizon
    04-01-09 01:02 AM
    word is BBCrackman's V3 114 with radio code of .90. Can anybody else validate and/or tell me where to get this at and how to change the radio code? Is there instructions anywhere on the forum
    04-01-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD