So i kept thinking that the flash for the storm would make a sick flashlight, but all the flashlight programs use the screen instead. So first id like to say to all the software programers that your stupid for not using the flash and second to all the owners of a storm that you dont need a flash light program, just go into the video camera app and set the flash to on and then every time you start the video camera app the flash will be on constantly. Presto you have a sweet flash light. The only down side i can see is that if you were to use it too long you would drain the battery alot but its a trade off i suppose. Anyway i hope that helps somebody out there.
    12-13-08 01:29 PM
    yah the flash is bright as **** and does make a great flash light , but you can only have it on for about 28 min before the phone goes by by from full charge to nothing lol
    12-13-08 01:51 PM
    did it. was testing it out and found that it is difficult to keep the light on since it turns off between switching from portrait to landscape and vice versa.

the camera app also lags/causes errors when i receive a message. it may be the message or the actual sound that comes with the messages that causes the problem.

but a good temp flashlight until a programmer develops something good.
    12-13-08 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD